Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Anybody else's apps "minimizing" when launched? (Code in thread)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It doesn't always do it, and if it runs fine the first time, it will run fine the rest of the time. But some devices it just minimizes on first and all attempts to run it. Switching to the process if minimized immediately forces it to minimize again.

Here's my code, its pretty lengthy....

-Writing programs for years, new to AGK2
JLM
Years of Service
User Offline
Could it be this portion?
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 21:58
I have also been having this problem (Only on the PC) which all my games are made for Androids atm so it hasn't really bothered me. I figured it was because I have not been assigning a window size...Which you have done and it is still acting up.

Im assuming since it happens at random...Its a bug with AGK
Beta Test Age of Knights:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_AgeOfKnights
Download JellyFish Dive:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 22:14
I have never seen this bug, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the "SetOrientationAllowed()" command. I have never used it, so that could be why I haven't seen this issue.

I run on PC and OS X, what OS are you using JLM? My money's on a bug with the "SetOrientationAllowed()" command.

Forum President until June 20th, 2016.
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 22:24
@Yodaman
Have you been Using SetDisPlayAspect(-1)

I wasn't experiencing this until I started Setting the Display Aspect and calculating everything based off the Device Display Specs.

Iv never had this problem until I started using the %age system.

Beta Test Age of Knights:https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_AgeOfKnights
Download JellyFish Dive:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Oct 2015 22:29
No I haven't used that command in anything I've coded, so it could also be that, or perhaps it's a result of the combination of the two?

I never use the percentage system, although I will have to for the game I'm making since I want it to be as multi-platform as possible. Also it just seems a good idea in this day and age, with screen resolutions ranging from 720p to 4k

Forum President until June 20th, 2016.
JLM
Years of Service
User Offline
@Yoda:
It runs fine on windows (running from AGK) and runs fine when broadcasting to Android. But when I published it to the Android market, users have reported this issue, and it also happened to me when I first installed it. Although I switched to the process just fine and its working fine for me now on Android. But at this rate, I'm looking at 1 in every 4 users that will experience this problem. It will be released for iOS and if possible, blackberry, some time in the future, but I would like to squash this bug first.

I would be ok doing away with the screen size settings, but I need to keep the aspect ratio forced, as the app is built to be landscape only. So I hope that's not what is doing it...
JLM
Years of Service
User Offline
I should also note that it doesnt minimize IMMEDIATELY, but a few seconds after launch, when I normally expect it to populate the text/etc that the do-loop brings up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:22:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:22:26