Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Amazon export

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 20:00
I am sorry to double post but the other threads don't seem to be being used as I posted this in the Android section and not sure if they will be being deleted on this new style forum but can anyone help here?

I have just tried to upload an updated version of an app to Amazon and when I did this Amazon told me that a lot of devices are now not compatible.
When I looked it was basically all of them which worked before!

I tried using both 2.3.1 and 3.2 on export but with the same result. Is this a faulty in AppGameKit?
I am using the latest version and tier 1.

I haven't done an update on Amazon or Android for a while but had no problems before with Amazon.
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 20:20
Are they actually testing the devices or have they just deselected all the check boxes to make you reselect them, and hope that you are testing them as you do so, I haven't submitted to Amazon in a while.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 21:06
All the check boxes have a cross in them and won't let you select them which is odd.
See attached pics.

I am using version .14 of agk and not the latest upload if there is any confusion just I posted this before the update.

Cheers

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 21:14
It looks like Amazon is reading the AndroidManifest.xml file and deciding that based on its contents the devices with crosses next to them are incompatible. However the manifest used by AppGameKit doesn't have any requirements for device features that must be present, so I'd reach out to Amazon to ask what features are required, or not, to make it compatible with Amazon devices. It may also be a bug in their processing of the manifest file.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 21:34 Edited at: 6th Oct 2015 21:35
Quote: "
Manifest Filtering for Fire Devices
In October, Appstore will use manifests in APK files when determining an app’s compatibility with Fire devices. Today, we are starting to display warnings highlighting incompatibilities between your manifest and the capabilities of devices you are targeting. This is for information only and does not require immediate action. Your apps and games will continue to be available to your customers -- but we want to encourage you to plan to fix any compatibility issues so you can effectively target the broadest range of Amazon Fire devices, and deliver the best experience for your customers."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 21:51
Cheers BatVink, I was just about to do a search on there. That would make sense because it is a while since I updated and obviously it has changed since.

So I guess everything will be fine when I upload as they are just doing this as info at the minute but do you know what this will mean for the future?
Do you know what is involved in the manifest and if it is something we can sort or does it need an update in the future with AppGameKit?

I know you say Paul, that AppGameKit does not have any requirements, so is this something we can just keep on ignoring?

Thanks.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Oct 2015 22:31
Hmmm doesn't work, just tried to complete the upload but you can't save it on Amazon because you have to select some devices and it won't let you. When you look on the question mark it comes up with a box saying needs binary with minimum version code 6+

So at this moment in time we can't upload an app to Amazon.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 08:11
I found this example code online:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
package="com.example.package.name"
android:versionCode="2"
android:versionName="1.1">
<application android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="@string/app_name">
</application>
</manifest>

Is this something we can get at to change to make it compatible or does it have to be done through AppGameKit?
Should we be changing this?

Cheers.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 08:36
I haven't tried it but you can rename the APK to zip, open it up and edit the manifest file.

May the Force be with you.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 09:06
Quote: "May the Force be with you."

I will give it a try tonight
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 10:33
Quote: " minimum version code 6+"

Doesn't this error just mean you need to increase the version number in the export process from AppGameKit?

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 10:53
Quote: "Doesn't this error just mean you need to increase the version number in the export process from AppGameKit?"

No this is nothing to do with the version and build number of the app as that is set in the export options on AppGameKit and you just need to make sure it is higher than the last app you uploaded. This is to do with the compatibility of apps with Fire devices on Amazon and now won't let you complete the update.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 15:05 Edited at: 7th Oct 2015 15:08
The versionCode in the manifest is set by the Build Number in the AppGameKit export process (I've renamed them in 2.0.15 to better reflect this). I don't know of any other "version code" so I don't know what they mean by it needing to be 6+

The beginning of the manifest file is generated by AppGameKit and can't be edited, the rest is taken from AGK\Tier 1\Editor\data\android\sourceAmazon\AndroidManifest.xml and can be changed.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 15:13
Cheers, leave it with me Paul and I will have another try tonight with editing the rest of the file if there is anything in there that can be changed to suite and also put another pic on here showing the version 6+ thing if you hover over the ?'s
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 18:04
OKAY! Don't know what I was doing wrong but have now sorted this out and all works fine.
The slap to the head was that there was nothing wrong with AppGameKit and I don't know if it was me having a senior moment or if Amazon was not working at the time but entered the info in the export options and all works with no issues!

Cheers and sorry for any confusion and this was after messing with the manifest file for half an hour before trying again

Just now if someone can help with the image post?

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/215558

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 05:22:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 05:22:34