Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Ohio Game Developer Expo[ 2015 ] - Looking For Advice and Support!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2015 16:20
Hey forumknights! In two weeks, the third annual Ohio Game Developer Expo will be kicking off! You can take a look at it here:

Ohio Game Developer Expo

My indie company and I will have an exhibit their showing off a demo of my land based combat for Starvenger! I'll be running the booth with myself and security/server tech, who's also my fiance lol, and I'm looking for some tips and suggestions to make this an awesome experience for both myself and people who stop by to play my game. I'll be bringing my own rig to showcase the game demo, along with a pair of headphones and a controller. I'm being provided a 2x2 table to setup on, not much but should be enough.

The game demo I'll be showcasing is the ground combat for Starvenger, written of course in AGK2. I also plan on bringing some business cards and some company shirts and hats to give away to people who get high scores, not sure yet. My goal is to showcase the combat and to showoff my 21st century update to the old way of doing RPG's and stats/experience/leveling system. Hoping to make an impact and maybe get some developers thinking about changing up the way we build and play RPG's.

So any suggestions would be awesome! And if you'll be in the area on the weekend of Nov 6th, you can get tickets for as low as $20, so come down and support indie developers!
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 09:52
Have a grand prize for highest score of the day, people can come back to see if they are still top and have another go if they are not?
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 10:19
I like the idea of having a high score challenge, I think that would help keep the game in peoples minds. If you have time, maybe it would be cool to get a top prize made, like a 1 off 3D printed model from the game.

Anyways good luck, hope the punters go easy on you
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2015 09:50
Make sure you get contact details of anyone who enters your game. This is the starting point for your future customer base and coding network.
Encourage people to leave their details without playing your game - A jar to drop business cards in with the promise of winning untold wealth, (or an Amazon voucher)
It's all about networking

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 12:30
Finally, something close enough I can actually attend! I could even park at my friend's apartment and walk over there. Will your booth be setup for all 3 days?

\"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended.\" - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:52:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:52:38