Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 23rd Oct 2015 23:39 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2015 23:43
Hey Everybody,

I've been taking a break from app dev for over a year now, but finally getting back into it.
Been working on a new project lately, I whipped up some concept art to see what you all think.

Escape Never Escape
[Working Title] [Work in Progress] [Android] [iOS] [Windows]

The basic idea of the game is that every single level is the same, but the way to complete it isn't.
Not the most original idea (there are a few games like this out there), but it isn't a very common game and most of the games on this style aren't made very well.

eg:
Level 1: Collect the orb to open door, exit through door
Level 2: [Clue "Hit it"] Can't collect orb, answer it to tap the orb on the screen instead of picking it up
Level 3: [Clue "Don't be Hasty"] Door is already open, collecting the orb closes it
Level 4: [Clue "Be quiet"] Go to the setting and turn the sound off to open door
Level 5: [Clue "Gotta catch them all"] You can pick up the grass in this level by running over it, you have to pick all the grass in the level to open the door
Level 6: [Clue "This level is impossible"] You can't actually finish the level, just go to the menu and then the level selection screen and skip it

I don't have much to show for it yet, but here's the concept art I did in GIMP yesterday:

Intended Features:
Dynamic lighting and grass
50+ levels
Difficult puzzles to solve
Android, iOS, and Steam

Hoping to to create a bit of excitement for this project

Cheers,
EB

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paronamixxe
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2015 11:11
Looks really neat!

Keep us updated!
cheers
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow! Yes, LOVE the style of this!
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2015 01:44 Edited at: 25th Oct 2015 16:30
That is an amazing game concept and design. I might actually steal that one some time. If you ever need help with graphics or animations let me know.

Good luck!

Edit:
You inspired me to design my own version. I don't plan on building it anytime soon, I just thought the game mechanics is very clever, especially when you throw in 4th wall breaks. My fiance says it reminds her of those elevator games and 100 doors, puzzle games.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2015 05:14
Thanks guys haven't done anything with this since I posted but will hopefully have something to show by the end of the week

JL,
Sweet might actually take you up on that offer by the end of it
Yeah the idea is actually pretty cool the only other game I can find on Google Play that utilities it is That Level Again and it's sequel. There are a few online flash games that use it though.

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2015 10:06
I absolutely love the artwork Definitely looks a lot more appealing than That Level Again. Not sure if the game is for me or not. But it's an interesting concept. Good luck with this!
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2015 10:22
Great idea and love the artwork
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2015 01:54
Thought I'd bump this before it gets locked. I haven't done a single thing with this project because I've been working on another secret special amazing project that is nearing completion...
Will work on ENE after my special project is finished. Expect a post about it soon...

Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 07:16
Great concept and good artwork

What do you mean by dynamic lighting ?
Is there a way to have lighting with sprite (except with SetSpriteTransparency(sprite,2) ?
http://www.dracaena-studio.com
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2015 22:23
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2015 22:55
I really like the idea behind this and the concept art is really nice, hope you get it finished.

Also, did you ever get impossible runner finished? I remember playing a wip demo of it and really liked it.
Invaders of the 29th Dimension - available now on Google Play
Find me on indieDB
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2015 05:52
Thanks I stopped working on IR for a long time after I ran into some issues with the physics engine. I was using a custom physics engine that wasn't working and the built in physics aren't customisable enough so I gave up on it lol
BUT a couple of days ago I had an idea on how to improve it and put in a few hours into implementing it and turns out it works great! Expect to see an update on IR soon
So yeah I'm juggling 3 projects around at the same time now lol, IR should be done soonish, then my other project, then ENE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:52:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:52:08