Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK 2.015a , in four words: Video, TGC, Thank you.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 25th Oct 2015 23:56 Edited at: 26th Oct 2015 00:15
so this is not really game related...
since the situation in Israel is bad these days..
I have thought about a simple solution for something that is happening here every day
but I wont get into politics this is not the place..

so I have watched the video presented here a few days back and jumped on the Mixamo Horse...

http://www.mixamo.com
Mixamo is a company recently bought by Adobe , they present a new creative way to create Characters in 3d for games/videos etc...
for now their service is totally free and I urge you to try it out as soon as possible before they will start charge for models.. the old Mixamo Fuse utility used a ridicules pricing of 200 dollars per model (from what I have heard...) and now as for my understanding (reading their website FAQ) Adobe still have not announced the new Pricing Plan.. so its totally free and everyone should try it at least once .

you create your model with FUSE , high poly with a triple A standards so it will look like something taken out of Battlefield series or even GTA 5 , this process takes about a few minutes. you have clothes and accessories to attach also.
the real deal is with the Auto Rigger , once you have finished your model you upload it directly from the Fuse app to their website , it will auto rig it .. and now all you have to do is select the nicest animations you can find there and there are thousands of well designed animations.
you then save it as a .Dae (the new blender file I think) and it works flawless in AppGameKit do not forget inside fuse before uploading to Tick the PACK TEXTURES button in the preferences menu.

so I have thought about police and security patrols where someone can sneak up on them and with a simple knife could cause savvier damage.

this is what I have came up with. A Mirror on each cop's back that will enable his fellow officers walk forward but see backwards as they move.
it is not polished or anything.

Please Try Mixamo Fuse utility and do it fast before they start selling it .

the Video:

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 00:18
i read u must register Adobe for free.
adobe (for me) is definitively a company i boycott.
i used mixamo this year as they migrate with adobe.

also for character creation
https://charactergenerator.autodesk.com/
https://www.morph3d.com/mcs-morph-character-system.php
http://www.makehuman.org/
AGK (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.7.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 09:03
as far as I can tell
these do not offer any animation service like Mixamo..
but I guess you can combine all of them..
thank you for sharing.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 12:18
based on the game engine its possible to map the skeleton to the default animations comes with.
AGK (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.7.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Jammy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 13:06 Edited at: 26th Oct 2015 13:30
I bought Fuse from steam a long time ago (it had 75% off at the time). I knew it had been bought by Adobe and was pleased that previous restrictions on Auto Rigging had been lifted and that previous paid for animations were now free. I had not realised Fuse was now free. This is a fantastic resource for people. The Girl in my demo here was made using fuse. Animations are great but AGK2 does not fully support them in the format supplied.

So for each model you have to -

1) download a large file each for walking, running, jumping, etc. ( making sure you have the packed texture).
2) Load them as different models.
3) Hide the ones you are not using.
4) Show the relevant one.

This makes jumpy transitions between animations and very large model sizes.

Also, the animations have the models moving in their local XYZ. You have to compensate for this. The best way I have come up with is 'SetObjectBoneCanAnimate ( fusemodel, 8, 0 )' this stops the pelvis animating and seems to stop the local movement.

It is a great resource and I would love AGK2 to fully support its animations, but we cant expect the developers to spend time making AGK2 fully compatible with Individual products. They need to spend their limited and valuable time, making it compatible with industry standards.

Here is ScreenShot of another Fuse Model working in AGK2 (notice his missing finger tips, Don't know what I did there )

Attachments

Login to view attachments
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 15:14
yeah you can see I have the same problem with the police character in the video.. his right leg I think is kinda messed up... which it should not..
so maybe its the .dae that is a bit weird it might be cause of the export from Fuse or the Import in AGK...
but I don't think that it will be hard to fix .. maybe reExport it again..
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 18:27
@Jammy
3d export/import is still a drama since many many years.
try blender, shade, unity how it looks there,
agk is alpha state, maybe give paul this file as example if it look good elsewhere.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:28:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:28:16