Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Apple Rejection. Advertising Identifier.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 18:48 Edited at: 26th Oct 2015 18:55
Hi all,

oooo Apple are killing us... hope someone can help?

After 8 long days of waiting (which have felt like a lifetime) Apple have rejected our big update to Matchday Heroes.

reason

Quote: "PLA 3.3.12

We found that your app uses the iOS Advertising Identifier but does not include ad functionality. This does not comply with the terms of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement, as required by the App Store Review Guidelines.

Specifically, section 3.3.12 of the iOS Developer Program License Agreement states:

"You and Your Applications (and any third party with whom you have contracted to serve advertising) may use the Advertising Identifier, and any information obtained through the use of the Advertising Identifier, only for the purpose of serving advertising. If a user resets the Advertising Identifier, then You agree not to combine, correlate, link or otherwise associate, either directly or indirectly, the prior Advertising Identifier and any derived information with the reset Advertising Identifier."

Note: iAd does not use the AdSupport framework, ASIdentifierManager, or the Advertising Identifier. Therefore they are not required for iAd implementations and should not be included in your app for iAd support.

If your app does not serve ads, please check your code - including any third-party libraries - to remove any instances of:

class: ASIdentifierManager
selector: advertisingIdentifier
framework: AdSupport.framework

If you are planning to incorporate ads in a future version, please remove the Advertising Identifier from your app until you have included ad functionality.

To help locate the Advertising Identifier, use the “nm” tool. For information on the “nm” tool, please see the nm man page.

If you do not have access to the libraries' source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using the "strings" or "otool" command line tools. The "strings" tool lists the methods that the library calls, and "otool -ov" will list the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides."

Our app does not contain ads...

We export using AppGameKit to export the .IPA (using export project > as IOS IPA)... and always make sure the Admob or Chartboost is not selected

When submitting the app to Apple it asks a question...

Quote: "'does this app use the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)?' "

... which we answer 'no' (as we have no ads, we do not use the ad commands, and didnt select the Admob or Chartboost when exporting the IPA from AppGameKit ), we then click submit...

it then returns an error saying

Quote: "'Your app is using the Advertising Identifier (IDFA), You must either provide details about the IDFA usage or remove it from the app and submit your binary again'"

so we click 'yes'... (although we dont have ads but this is the only way we can proceed further).

it then asks what this app uses the Advertising Identifier for so we click 'Serve advertisments within the app' (which sounds the best of the 3 options)

then 8 days later it is rejected - leaving us in limbo unable to update the game.

we can resubmit, but if we follow the same procedure its likely to take another 8 days... and could fail again.

is there an easy fix to this within AppGameKit ? Im hoping its a button I havent pressed on the export.

or can we totally turn off the ads stuff (as we do not use them in our game).?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.
http://matchdayheroes.com/
http://2bigpixels.com/
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
the other day someone confirmed that using the new AppGameKit version, apps work fine on ios9.

As far as I know, it had been reported in the past that AppGameKit apps gave such warning when submitting to Apple. It seems this has actually not been fixed

lmr2013
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2015 20:46 Edited at: 26th Oct 2015 20:46
BJ many thanks for the quick response !!

yeah just checked my version and i was on 2.0.14, just checked the website and there is 2.0.14b

just downloaded 2.0.14b for the Mac, and compiled the IPA. now when apple asks ...

Quote: ""'does this app use the Advertising Identifier (IDFA)?' ""

... when I answer 'no'

it goes through to waiting for review...

bargain...!

your a lifesaver bud... thanks.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
did you test your app with the new beta on ios9?

also a new version of AppGameKit is coming out this week

make sure you test it with your app and let us know if it works on ios9

better test these things now than leave to the last minute before launching your app

good luck with your app
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
by the way, your game looks great!
lmr2013
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 20:18 Edited at: 30th Oct 2015 20:19
cheers BJ

yes all seems to be working fine on IOS 9

I will keep my eye on the AppGameKit updates.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
there's a new version of AppGameKit released today
i think they updated the ios sdk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:28:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:28:46