Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / 3D Question! Can i use .dwf from autocad 2015??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
3D Question! Can i use .dwf from autocad 2015??
Bios02
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I use this file (.dwf or .dwfx) from autoCAD 2015? Instead of using .obj file?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2015 09:27
Quote: "Added support for the following 3D file formats: .X .3ds .md3 .smd .md5 .lwo. .ac .b3d .dae .3d .lws .ms3d .blend .m3"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Bios02
Years of Service
User Offline
hello batvink! only those format? what kind of program can create those formats?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2015 10:41
I don't know the specific details, I just copied it from the 2.0.15 Alpha thread.

But Blender, Wings3D, Milkshape, TruSpace and many other apps are capable of these formats.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TutCity is being rebuilt
Bios02
Years of Service
User Offline
ahhh! I watch on youtube they used Autocad 2010 and After Efffects, i have AutoCAD 2014 &2015 but there's no .obj file that i can use or any of the file that you show me (.X .3ds .md3 .smd .md5 .lwo. .ac .b3d .dae .3d .lws .ms3d .blend .m3). I have After Effect 5 at but still i can't save into .obj. . These programs are able to create 3D 's, Including Adobe Photoshop CS6.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 15:40
Sorry, can't help you any further. You have over £5,000 worth of software that I couldn't afford to invest in. I'd hope you got some support from Autocad and Adobe for that price tag
TutCity is being rebuilt
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 19:44
I'm surprised AutoCAD doesn't export to .3ds, I think I did it with AutoCAD Mechanical once. Unfortunately I don't have access to it anymore so I can't check.

I come from a 3D cad background - Autodesk Inventor, Catia, that sort of thing - and decided to learn Blender to do more CGI style 3D modelling, as I wanted to texture and animate models for my games. I tried a couple of other CGI packages but the way models are created is completely different to how its done in engineering CAD software. I found it confusing as my past knowledge didn't help. Even though Blender has a reputation for being difficult to use but this suited me as I forced me to learn it properly. It's also completely free to download and use and is incredibly powerful.

The major problem with AutoCAD is that I'm guessing it won't allow you to unwrap your model to apply UV coordinates so you can texture the model. The textures that you apply withiin AutoCAD won't be usable inside of AppGameKit or any other game engine, as for as I know.

I use blender for all my game related modelling, it'll export models as .obj and a whole lot of other formats which I've used in AppGameKit games with no problems.

I don't know how helpful any of this is to you but I thought I'd mention it.
Invaders of the 29th Dimension - available now on Google Play
Find me on indieDB
Bios02
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, thats the 1 i need to know! thank you very much 29 games! appreciate...
Bios02
Years of Service
User Offline
hello! can I use the .obj or .dae from CS6 3D? and which format is recommend for 3D? and how big do i need to use for creating the items?
Bios02
Years of Service
User Offline
creating objects*
Bios02
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello! can you help me guys to use this virtual joystick!
(AddVirtualJoystick ( 1, 8, 90, 10 )

how can i use this to move the camera/player in 3D?
Bios02
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello! can you help me!

i used this to insert object, but i think this codes are for group object only, How can I insert a new object? Or insert a new Character/Player?. Can you help help for the codes for inserting .obj file 1 by 1??? pleassseeee. thank you

objmax=50
for obj=1 to objmax
obj$="mesh"+str(obj)+".obj"
LoadObject(obj,obj$,0)
if obj>=1 and obj<=7
tex$="mesh"+str(obj)+"-1.jpg"
else
tex$="mesh"+str(obj)+"-0.jpg"
endif
texname$=left(tex$,len(tex$)-4)
lm$=right(texname$,1)
if lm$="-" then lm$="0"
teximg=LoadImage(tex$)
SetImageWrapU(teximg,1)
SetImageWrapV(teximg,1)
SetObjectImage(obj,teximg,0)
SetObjectImage(obj,lm[val(lm$)],1)
SetObjectShader(obj,shaderindex)
`
rem Progress status
perc#=obj : perc#=perc#/objmax : perc=perc#*100
SetTextString(1,"BiosTech - "+str(perc)+"%") : Sync()

next obj

29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2015 22:36
You only need to load the images and shaders once and then load the objects and assign textures and shaders. The same images can be assigned to multiple objects.

I tend to load all the images and shaders first, outside of the for-to-next loop, and the objects second.
Find me on indieDB
Bios02
Years of Service
User Offline
what codes do i need to use?
objmax=50
for obj=1 to objmax
obj$="mesh"+str(obj)+".obj"
This 1st? then? load the object?

example I have 50 obj file, then i load it already.
after that I want to load a new obj. How can i do that?
may new obj file named "orb.obj"
what code do i need to use? I'm sorry for this noob question
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2015 19:10
Have a look at this FPS example from the help files : http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/3D/MoveCameraLocalZ.htm

This load various object to create a map for an FPS style game. The objects are grouped in terms of their shape, colour and, most importantly, how the collision detection is dealt with. Instead of colour, you'd load an image in at the start of the _f_create_level() and then apply the textures as the object are created.

Even though this is a simple example, this is the kind of thing that you need to do. Determine how the object behaves in the level and then group them accordingly into an array.
Find me on indieDB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:25:30
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:25:30