Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / First cell of an array doesn't have the proper data

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 11:05 Edited at: 4th Nov 2015 06:39
Disregard this post!

The title is misleading and I do not know how to change it. The SetFolder issue I thought I had was actually the first cell of an array not having the proper data. I still do not know why that is happening since all the rest of the cells contain the proper data.

I am converting a Tier 1 project to Tier 2. So the code in question was working awesomely in Tier 1. After dealing with how to actually program in C++ (namely fixing variable linkage), I am now getting runtime errors and various anomalies. I thought this would be the case.

But in the same part of code, GetNextFile is skipping files. So it is only getting every other file.

Anyone else notice this anomaly??
home.wavecable.com/~mindsclay
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure what you mean, but I have not had any problems with arrays myself, having wrote a complete 3d/2d editor that saves out all the array data into a file, it loads them back as I would expect it to, not to point out any obvious things but are you starting at position 0 in the array, both in reading and writing to it?
Hail to the king, baby!
mindsclay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2015 06:34
Like I mentioned, the title is not correct and I do not know how to change it.

My issue is not the array, but GetFile and GetNextFile are not looking in the Read directory until the second read. I guess I'll most a new thread then.
home.wavecable.com/~mindsclay

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:26:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:26:58