Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Chartboost limitations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello, I am using the Chartboot fullscreenad function. Does it only display a static ad in agk v2.0.14b? The Chartboot website has options for videos but they don't seen to work.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 14:20 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2015 14:24
Sometimes I get static ads, sometimes video. I have noticed the diversity of the videos has dropped recently. Not sure if this is due to a new SDK being released (what version is AppGameKit using?) or whether advertisers have pulled their ads from my app.

EDIT: Reward vids aren't yet supported. Any chance we can see these added to the next version Paul? Also, I'd like to allow a user to be able back out of a video ad if they don't want to sit through it. Currently they are forced to sit through the ad which has led to negative feedback on my app.

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Phat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 16:38 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2015 17:27
You can choose "Only video" in the App settings on chartboost.com

But well, i want to create a free version of my game, and video / ads don't display everytime... Can be better if we can detect when the ADS is ready, but it's not the case at the moment :' ( (btw i'm on 2.014b (or 2.014, i don't understand the beta version on steam too, it's broken in the "about" :s)).
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 16:51 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2015 16:52
Paul: Could you give AppGameKit a little attention in the ads department please? I'd like:
* allow users to close video ads (via back button?) as an option
* ability to display a video ad in landscape, even if the app is portrait (currently vids are squashed to fit portrait with HUGE black bars at top and bottom)
* reward vids (detect if vid has been watched so reward can be given)

Chartboost SDK v6 has been released. Integration guide is here: https://answers.chartboost.com/hc/en-us/articles/206454153
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Phat
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "* ability to display a video ad in landscape, even if the app is portrait (currently vids are squashed to fit portrait with HUGE black bars at top and bottom)
"

Have you tried to force the landscape with SetOrientationAllowed() before creating a Fullscreen Ads, and tick the "landscape video" in chartboost options ? Be sure to to tick "Orientation All" before exporting too. I have not tested that, but i'm sure it's kind of possible to do it that way...

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2015 18:29
I just tried updating the Chartboost SDK on iOS but for some reason it stopped displaying ads, so I'll have to take a closer look at it some time.

Quote: "allow users to close video ads (via back button?) as an option"

I think they do this on purpose so you can't skip the ad, the same way Youtube sometimes doesn't show the skip ad button forcing you to sit through a 20-30 second ad.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:30:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:30:44