Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK II 3D Game Asset Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2015 22:52
Hey forumknights! I took a look at the mega asset packs now being sold on steam and they look pretty good, but seemed to be missing anything 3D. I've been meaning to put together some new 3D media for AppGameKit and or Guru and would like to know what kind of 3D game asset packs you'd really want. If you have a pack, theme or genre you're really looking for, to get your 3D AppGameKit project going, let me know. If I can get a nice compiled list together of what the community is looking for, I can get to cracking.

Thanks!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2015 01:44
A vehicle pack would be great: Racing cars, Military vehicles, planes, spaceships, speedboats etc.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 6th Nov 2015 07:29
well I would like to see a fully humanoid modeled rig I don't care about the animations but just to get to know the new Ragdoll commands..
it can be low poly high poly .. its all about the mechanics rather then the model's quality .
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2015 11:07
Space pack: Asteroids, planets, nebulas, star sky-boxes, satellites, space junk, wrecks, collectables (cargo), spacecraft and ship power-ups (tourus jump-drive, beam lasers etc.)

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2015 10:36 Edited at: 8th Nov 2015 21:48
I think a set of image mapped primitives would be great. Here's a start...

A mapped cube

Just take the .obj and .png files out of the media folder, and you can load them into AGK2.

A mapped cone, cylinder, sphere, and capsule would be outstanding, with the image of a grid mapped onto the surface, so we could modify the image using the grid as a base.

Hmm... I think I'll try the cylinder, should be easy enough.

EDIT: Here's a cylinder...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 9th Nov 2015 15:19
actually that's not a bad idea.. but I do think that mapped objects should be inside the commands so you'll have:

CreateObjectBox(id,sizeX,sizeY,sizeZ)
and
CreateMappedObjectBox(id,sizeX,sizeY,sizeZ)
SetMappedObjectImage(objId,quadIndex,imgId)

so you could potentially create a box with 6 different images..
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2015 23:20
Good idea. Never thought of a set of primitives that are already uv mapped.

Thanks for the ideas, it got me thinking of some things.

Now to start modeling!
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 13th Nov 2015 08:41
I just want to remind about mapped objects

most of today game engines when using a mapped object are using one texture for the entire object , the UV's will draw the pixels from the textures to the object as planned.
but this is giving you the game maker less detail on that object since it takes parts of the texture and paint it rather then take all the pixels and paint.

so JLMoondog if it is not to much of a trouble , will I be able to use 6 textures per cube ? I would love it cause it will give much more possibilities cause if not .. I will just use 6 planes that just act like a cube and with the new 3d phys sys its pretty easy to stick them together however that's 5 more draw calls then the other option.
Bios02
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello! can you help me guys to use this virtual joystick!
(AddVirtualJoystick ( 1, 8, 90, 10 )

how can i use this to move the camera/player in 3D?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2015 01:46
Quote: " help me guys to use this virtual joystick!"

I think that needs to go in its own thread, probably in the Newcomers AppGameKit Corner.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:36:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:36:21