Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Android Immersive Mode

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ever since Android kit Kat you have been able to use "Immersive" mode for screens - this basically hides everything including the home buttons to give you full use of the screen for games. At present AppGameKit doesn't seem to support this and I've searched the forums finding a couple of similar threads asking for this feature a while ago. Given that AppGameKit now supports 3D commands wouldn't it make sense to support this feature to take full advantage of the screen? It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement.

In the meantime, I'd be interested to know if anybody has successfully unpacked and edited an .apk produced by the AppGameKit editor to support "Immersive" mode for their game?

I have a great idea for a 3D game and AppGameKit seems like it has the best 3D performance for my needs but it would be a shame to not be able to take advantage of immersive mode.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 11:46
i agree, its a nice to have.
@paul
http://developer.android.com/training/system-ui/immersive.html
AGK (Steam) V2.0.15c : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.201.1151.0) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 12:12
Looks really simple to implement. I like the Sticky Immersive mode - temporarily displays see-through system UI. Not sure how these could implemented as commands though as they are very Android sepcific. Maybe better to have as options on the "Export as Android APK" (a tick-box for immersive mode, and another for immersive sticky mode)?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2015 14:41
@CJB
just Immersive =true as compiler option.
from compiler
if Immersive and android version => x.y then ...
AGK (Steam) V2.0.15c : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.201.1151.0) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 15:26
Last time I tried targeting API 21 I had trouble controlling the full screen modes, everything I tried had the same result, the screen would extend under the buttons, the buttons were transparent, and you couldn't tap on that part of the screen without activating the home/back buttons. Maybe it is a compatibility issue with the NDK but for now immersive mode is a low priority.
Dud
Years of Service
User Offline
That sucks - unless I can get immersive mode that rules out using AppGameKit

Is there any way I can export a full Android project rather than just an .apk? I could then take a look at editing the main java activity myself. All it needs is to call a method like this from the OnCreate method of the main activity:

private void hideSystemUi() {
getWindow().getDecorView().setSystemUiVisibility(
View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_STABLE
| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_HIDE_NAVIGATION
| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_LAYOUT_FULLSCREEN
| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_HIDE_NAVIGATION
| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_FULLSCREEN
| View.SYSTEM_UI_FLAG_IMMERSIVE);
}

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 16:19
A full Android project is provided in the "Tier 2\apps\interpreter_android" folder, if you import this into Eclipse along with the facebook and google-play-services projects you should be able to export your own AppGameKit player app. If you place your media folder in the assets folder you can export a standalone app (the player will run your bytecode instead of being a player).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:48:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:48:55