Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / What happened to Save/Load Array?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 20:33
I got an update from Kickstarter saying "The focus now is to keep fixing any issues found by the community to ensure this build is strong and solid."

Did TGC give up on the Stretch Goal #2 of Save/Load Array?

Of course bug fixin' is great, but it's been two years and I'd really like to see that Save/Load Array.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 23:15
I'll see if I can get it in the next version. It was one of those things that looked easy at first but requires a lot of time to go through all the possible cases, arrays of types, arrays of types that also contain arrays, what if you load an array that doesn't have the type declared that was used to save it, and so on.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2015 23:57
@paul,
i think at first u must now the items of the struct/udt/type, then in the abstract its only
Write/ReadFloat
Write/ReadInteger
Write/ReadString2
+ Count Elements

Type TStructA
a as string
b as integer
c as float
d as integer[]
e as TStructB
End Type

its something like select case type of a,b,c,d,e then save/load it.
i agree its not a easy task.

AGK (Steam) V2.0.15c : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.201.1151.0) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 19:31:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 19:31:26