Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Google AD problem, saying I am using them when don't

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2015 22:33 Edited at: 25th Nov 2015 22:34
Hi anyone seen this before:

I have just been checking my Paint Pot app which is the paid for version and it is saying that Google has detected adware but I don't use ads so selected no when I uploaded it ages ago.
This has just appeared and I had no problems before.

Any ideas?
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2015 22:47 Edited at: 25th Nov 2015 22:49
I can only assume that when an apk is made that agk puts the sdk into the app even though you dont use them.
you have to declare ads when you submit to google play ad i take it AppGameKit puts the sdk in whether you use it or not.
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2015 22:57 Edited at: 25th Nov 2015 22:57
Looks like it might be the case, I have just noticed these extras on the export options of AppGameKit which I am not sure if they were there or not last time I exported.

Do we need something like this for Ads on the Google side now:

I think Google now might be getting as bad as Apple for closing things down!?!?
Maybe Amazon next!

@Paul is this something we need in another build?

Looks like apps are going to get banned soon if not.

Cheers

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Rickynzx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2015 23:02
looks like we need something like this to export an apk. the other options have been there for a while now.
hopefully this will be added sooner rather than later as i am ready to put a version of Sarah in Candyland without any ads, and this would not be possible just now.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2015 00:47
Yeah, received this on the 18th:

Quote: "Hello Google Play Developer,

At Google I/O, we launched “ad-supported” labels for apps in the Designed for Families program. Today, we’re announcing the expansion of this program to all apps on Google Play. Early next year, users will start to see the “Ads” label on apps that contain advertising, both inside and outside Designed for Families.

By January 11, 2016, you must sign in to the Play Developer Console and declare whether your apps contain ads (such as ads delivered through third party ad networks, display ads, native ads, and/or banner ads). After this date, the ads declaration will be required to make any updates to your apps. Please note that misrepresenting ad presence violates Google Play Developer Program Policies and may lead to suspension. You can visit our help center to learn more.

While developers are responsible for accurately declaring ad presence in their apps, Google may verify this at any time and display the “Ads” label if appropriate.

If you feel your app has been incorrectly flagged for containing ads, please contact our policy support team.

Regards,
The Google Play Team

©2015 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043"
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2015 01:24
Yep as I thought Google to are now getting tricky

Hopefully we will get a fix soon.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2015 09:05
This is already the case for iOS... As I understand it, the way Paul creates the APK (or .IPA) is to just include everything you could possible need, even if a particular SDK is not required. This is also the reason why the APK is very large. For a very long time, many requests have been made to give us the ability to select what we require in each build... I suspect this is incredibly difficult to do, hence why it has never happened...

The warning does say 'Failure to accurately declare the presence of ads...' and in all fairness, you are declaring it correctly. The SDK is present, but you are not serving ads. The problem with that though, is Google are notorious for shutting down apps, without hesitation... And any subsequent appeal normally falls on deaf ears...
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2015 17:48
I have sent them a message explaining so will see what they say but I think the exporter needs updating to select which features, even if it is just for the ads for now like for iOS as the pictures above.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 04:54:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 04:54:33