Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Very strange sprite problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2015 18:55 Edited at: 26th Nov 2015 18:57
Hello.

In my recent posts -slide bar input thread- I have shown two examples of a similar app that makes use of a slider bar library I am working in. Both examples work ok on windows, and using AGK2 player on an old LG-E460 smartphone running Android 4.1.2, but when tested using AGK2 player on a more recent Airis TM45Q smartphone running Android 4.2.2, the first version of the app works ok but the second does not load -or show on the screen- the sprites for the cursors and bars of the sliders. The chekered flag sprite is displayed without problems, and appart from this sprite problem the app works ok.

Any hint about what can be happening?

Thank you for your help.

Germán.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2015 22:21
Have you used the correct letter case in your code.

Slider.jpg

is different to

slider.jpg
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Mermaja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2015 06:16
Hello, BatVink.

Yes, of course. Exactly the same program runs on windows and on an LG, but does not show the sprites on the Airis. The first version runs ok on all devices. This is why I see it so strange.

Thanks,
Germán
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2015 14:54
@Mermaja: Impossible to tell what is happening without seeing any code. Could you whip up a small example project that highilights the problem?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Mermaja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2015 16:30
Sorry for not being expicit enough, but all the code is posted in the Slide bar input thread. I posted the first example, then the library code and finally the definitive example. The first example works on all devices, the second example fails to display the cursor and bar sprites on an Airis smartphone. Both use the same library code.

I will repost here the code if you cannot find it. Thank you for your help.

Germán.
Mermaja
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2015 18:04
Finally the problem is solved and, of course, it was my mistake. BatVink was ok and the problem was the case of the first letter in the name of the files, so sorry for wasting your time. I was confused because it worked on Windows and on an LG smartphone, in addition on my other smartphone it worked sometimes,
so I was very puzzled.

Thank you all for your help, and sorry again

Germán.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 21:02:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 21:02:14