Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / removing WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I want to remove WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission from my manifest.xml because i dont need it and some users are not ok with this permission, and they are right. However it causes crashes if I simply remove it.
What should I do ?
Why does agk need to write that button stuff on external storage instead of internal ?
thanks .
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2015 18:50
If you're using V2 and tier 1 then you can turn off the permissions when you build the apk, see attached image.

Quote: "Why does agk need to write that button stuff on external storage instead of internal ?"

I think this is a hang up from android 2.3.1.
Invaders of the 29th Dimension - available now on Google Play
Find me on indieDB

Attachments

Login to view attachments
lumni
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2015 19:10 Edited at: 29th Nov 2015 19:13
Thank you.
I'm using v2 tier 2. I wonder if that checkbox does anything else than change the line on the manifest.xml.

I think removing it prevents the app from creating an AppGameKit folder in the sdcard containing the default virtual buttons and the write directory. maybe the checkbox sets agk to write that stuff to internal memory instead, but how do I do that in tier 2?

[edit] I do compile with minSdkVersion = 10 (2.3.3).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 01:19:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 01:19:47