Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / ChooseRawFile() doesn't works on LInux?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2015 11:36 Edited at: 29th Nov 2015 11:40
HI.
I'm making a game in AGK2 and I would like to allow the player to load image files from any location to use in the game. My game does works on WIndows but it doesn't works on Linux.
I don't have AppGameKit installed on my Linux PC, I'm using only the Linux Player comes with the Windows installation. So what happening is, when I launch the Linux Player my game is loading fine, I get no error message but when I try to select a file to load in to the game, nothing is happening I don't get the window to be able to choose a file (in this case an image) and I get the following error message:

JPEG Error: 43
Failed to load image

It seems like it skip the process of choosing file and try to use the file straight away but since nothing has been selected, nothing can be loaded so that's why I get this error message.

I know the documentation say it the ChooseRawFile() command works only on Windows and Mac but only the following features has been mentioned to be missing from the Linux build:

Quote: "
*Music
*Video
*Joysticks
*ShowChooseImageScreen
*ShowImageCaptureScreen "

I don't even know if this list is actually up to date or not, this is from almost a year ago when the first Linux builds has been released. It would be really sad if after 1 year all these features are still missing from the Linux version and even more

So, I'm just would like to make sure if ChooseRawFile() also a missing feature or maybe a bug or something else: caused by a missing package on my PC maybe.
In case it is a missing feature I would like to ask when this feature will be available in the Linux version and the version number of the Linux build is still 2.0.10 while the Windows version is 2.0.15?

Thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:11:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:11:38