Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Weird freezes after random dll loading and unloading in VS2013 tier 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
My game runs quite smoothly on PC and Android most of the time, using less than 2% cpu on PC. it runs smoothly on a 5 year old galaxy S1.
But after a few minutes running inside VS2013 (either in debug or release mode) it starts to freeze everytime I click with the mouse, doesn't matter where, doesnt matter if i read or do anything with the click or if its consumed or discarded. The game freezes for about 0.2 seconds and resumes. Its really annoying because my game requires clicking all the time. It doesnt happen when i run the generated .exe manually, but that makes developing and debugging a pain. The only thing i noticed that could explain are some dlls being loaded or unloaded (i see it in the VS output window). I dont have anything to do with the dlls and I dont do anything special that could cause them to load, i think agk calls them. Here is and example of the output i get:

the freezing starts after those dlls are loaded and unloaded. every thread returning 1 is a click and a freeze.
I thought it could be related to sound effects, but it happens even when the clicks are ignored.
Also, whats with all those threads anyway ?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2015 17:19
I don't know about the DLLs, I'm not loading or unloading any at runtime, nor do I know why clicking would be causing a freeze, there are no threads associated with input in AGK. Threads are used by Box2D and the networking commands.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:53:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:53:34