Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AI and Bots.

Author
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking to improve game play and how the bots act.

Currently i have.

Path finding using predefined points , bots can move around freely on all the level, open doors, going from one room to another, and navigate anywhere on the level, so you never know where they are.

Hiding bots, the are hiding on sneaky places just waiting for you to come near, and then attach you. Hiding bots that attack can’t open doors so you can lock them in behind a door ( but you need to get them at some point ).

Helper bots , are just navigating around the level and waiting to help other bots, if you shoot at one bot , then nearby helper bots will help in the attack. Helper bots can navigate anywhere and open doors , so you can’t hide from them, they will only help for around 30 sec. and then return to navigating and helping other bots ( unless your still shooting ).

When bots attack they are using sliding collision on objects and each other, trying to get around objects and trying to get as near the player to get a clean shoot.

What I’m looking for is ideas for new ways to make AI, how to get more I in the bots, i don’t want people to be able to spot what a bot is going to do next.

Hope you have some great ideas thanks

Test current AI: http://www.plemsoft.com/scifi3fs.zip
Control , joy/ cursor / ctrl shoot. or buttons. ( this is mainly for mobile so no mouse control at the moment. )

AI Video:

best regards Preben Eriksen,
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Dec 2015 14:07
Hi
I have tested and it's fun ^^, I have destroyed the 20 robots .

some ideas :
- the more you shoot a robot, the less he's precise. His gun can be destroyed and doesn't work very well.
- the same with the movement/speed of the robot. You can decrease his speed randomly.
- Perhap's add a little explosion when a robot is killed which could damage the robots around him.

Will you add some "health" bonus ? Because, if I consider my healthbar, I'm dead a lot of times ^^.
You could add some Fx for our gun too .
When we walk in the shadow, our gun still stay in the light, perhap's you could use the same system of shadow for the player like for the robots.

http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "some Fx for our gun too"

Totally forgot that , gun now have shadows light sources etc.. actually looks really great like "you" the player moves into the shadow, thanks

Quote: "Will you add some "health" bonus ? "

Yes there will be health terminals where you can get more health , actually the idea was to have 2d arcade games in the terminals where you can play for health.

Quote: "- the more you shoot a robot, the less he's precise. His gun can be destroyed and doesn't work very well.
- the same with the movement/speed of the robot. You can decrease his speed randomly.
"

Thanks i will use some of this , actually how precise they shot is currently controlled by distance , so damage could also be a factor
best regards Preben Eriksen,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:26:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:26:56