Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How to stop Chartboost Fullscreen Video?

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2015 11:44 Edited at: 10th Dec 2015 11:44
I have a Chartboost campaign set up to show full-screen video interstitials. In the advanced settings and have allowed the user to stop playback (by showing a "x" in the corner of the vid). My AppGameKit app will show the video interstitial, but it doesn't show the X in the corner to allow the user to close the vid... this is a problem as it means the user is forced to watch the entire video advert whether they want to or not. This has caused some negative feedback on the Play store and I'd like to fix it if possible. Does this mean our implementation of Chartboost is incomplete or am I missing something obvious?

In Chartboost Advanced Campaign Settings:
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2015 01:31
I haven't played around with Chartboost that much, but my first guess would be that it might not apply for a while, or it might not apply to test ads. See if you can make a more obvious change that you can check how long your changes take to go through.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2015 13:05
Thanks for taking the time to check that Paul. I am very pleased to say the 'x' is now appearing! You have to first tap the add (which is a little counter-intuitive, but I guess that is by design) which then displays the option to close the video. Great!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:26:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:26:30