Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Setting up AGK on Raspberry Pi 2 with Ubuntu Mate.

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 10:14 Edited at: 14th Dec 2015 11:44
I have installed Geany as IDE and AppGameKit Linux on my Raspberry Pi 2 and struggled through all the dependencies and setting up stuff in Linux (New to Linux). I have installed GLFW 3.0.4 with success. But at the end I get this when trying to compile the blank Linux template :-(

/* LOTS OF GIBBERISH REMOVED BY ORIGINAL POSTER FOR BETTER READABILITY */

Compilation failed.
The byte chrunchers are coming...
DIVIDING BY ZERO/BECAUSE WE SUCK...
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 12:47 Edited at: 11th Dec 2015 14:09
You want to use a Raspberry Pi as your development machine? Lol! That's AWESOME!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 12:53 Edited at: 11th Dec 2015 12:54
Quote: "Uou want to use a Raspberry Pi as your development machine? Lol! That's AWESOME!"

Haha No, not exactly I just want to compile a small server app so I can use the Raspberry Pi 2 as a test bed server that uses very little power Here in Denmark there is quite some tax on electricity :-P I just got my electricity bill after having a server running for about a half year hosting a side project server app with very few users, NOT DOING THAT AGAIN!!! So now I want Raspberry Pi 2 as my mini server hosting a game
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2015 14:43
Looking at this:

cHashedList.h:140:38: error: there are no arguments to ‘strlen’ that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of ‘strlen’ must be available [-fpermissive]
UINT length = (UINT)strlen( szIndex );

I think that my C++ headers are not the right version?

And looking at this:

cHashedList.h:140:38: note: (if you use ‘-fpermissive’, G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)

I think my G++ is too new? or old?
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2015 12:10 Edited at: 14th Dec 2015 18:01
Okay, I have got a whole lot further in my attempt to compile on my Raspberry Pi 2. When I use make on the template_linux app I seem to be missing AGKLinux. I had the same problem with GLFW3.0.4, but after make and make install of GLFW it reports no error for GLFW. I use Ubuntu with Linaro desktop at the moment by Wintrmute http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-get-ubuntu-desktop-on-the-raspberry-pi-2/ Do I have to install some AppGameKit lib? Is it because Raspberry Pi is an ARM based unit? I am little lost here :-P

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lAGKLinux
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:38: recipe for target 'Executable' failed
make: *** [Executable] Error 1

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I think it is the libAGKLinux.a in Release32 that it is searching for. Is this what makes AppGameKit apps run on x86 architecture?

EDIT 2: Sorry for confusing posts :-P I don't know a lot of Linux or C++, so let me boil this down. I have set up the makefile for the linux template app that comes with AppGameKit 2.0.15d so the make command now search the right folders for included headers. I have installed all dependencies, except for AppGameKit itself it would seem. I only have AGK32 and AGK64 Release32 and Release64 with libAGKLinux.a in each folder, for Linux in the platform directory, and I suspect I need some ARM library when I want to compile and run software on a Raspberry Pi 2. Is this correct?
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2015 17:59
If anybody got a few quick pointers it would be nice, I don't need a full solution/explanation I am stuck now :-P
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2015 21:07 Edited at: 17th Dec 2015 21:07
It requires us to compile the AppGameKit lib for the Linux ARM architecture, which I managed to do a while ago when I was playing with the Pi 2. But it requires some additional window setup code for the Pi 2 which I haven't got around to yet.
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2015 12:48 Edited at: 18th Dec 2015 17:05
Okay I have moved on to create a server app without any AppGameKit libs for running on the RPi 2, I am looking in the to C++ REST SDK (EDIT: Casablanca) for cross platform network and AppGameKit on users client device I need to read a whole lot of C++ material to get up to speed first though
DIVIDING BY ZERO/BECAUSE I SUCK...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:59:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:59:00