Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / wondering about 3d

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
are there any rouge like game made in agk2 with source i can see and hope to learn how to set it up, or a good tutorial to set up walls and floors. thanks for anything. just trying to figure it all out.
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 23:36
This is an awfully big ask and it depends on what you've already done.

I'm currently making a 3d rogue like - my first serious foray into procedural generation - but I'm reluctant to give away too much source code. Partly because the way it generates maps may not be what you want, partly because I'm paranoid and precious about my project.

Have you managed to set up a grid and can essential create the map mathematically and just need help adding the 3d visuals or do you need help with the fundamentals? In other words, can you generate a 2d map and just need help making it 3d? Do you want to create special "tiles" for the various elements or go for a more "mine craft" style of just using boxes or do you not know.

Or do you help with monsters and everything else that goes into a rogue like?
Invaders of the 29th Dimension - available now on Google Play
Find me on indieDB

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 09:59:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 09:59:18