Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Some very big problems with AGK...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 00:18 Edited at: 16th Dec 2015 00:54
Hi, i am developing two games with AppGameKit and i have some issues...

One is that if i run AppGameKit on ubuntu on my notebook, the AppGameKit program itself starts and runs good, the problem is that when i press the

compile button, it runs as totally normal, BUT it makes any executable on the folder of the project. I checked the folder adress and the

permissions of the folder, i really dont know what happens.

The other problem, is hen i make an executable, and i send it over the internet to another computer, then it doesent work!

It just shows the typical splash screen saying "unconnected" ¿¿¿why??? ¿it is not a standalone executable?<MOD EDIT>

So, i beg your help....
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 00:55
Quote: "The other problem, is hen i make an executable, and i send it over the internet to another computer, then it doesent work!"

Do you send the whole folder and subfolders? Everything is required to make it work. The executable uses another file in the media folder with the extension ".byc"

Also...we don't tolerate swearing at any level on these forums, please moderate your language, thanks
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Brny
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, sorry for the tone, your right, it just desperated me so much...

Yes, 5 minutes after i found out that is a text file on the media folder that must be included....

So... about the problem with Linux, i think it builds a linux based executable, not a windows executable, ¿is that right?, anyway when i try to run it says "Failed to open GLFW window".

The streaming works.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 09:29
You always get the byc file, this is the same for all platforms.
Then for Windows, Linux, Mac, Android etc you get a different executable.
I don't know enough about Linux to know what this would look like.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Brny
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, then i think it's a problem of my own linux... now is everything clear, so i will just look how to fix it.

Thanks
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2015 21:24
Quote: "Failed to open GLFW window"

This error suggests that the GPU does not support OpenGL. I've had this error in the past when I tried to run via a remote connection and the Linux machine didn't have a monitor, it may also apply to virtual machines that don't emulate a 3D capable GPU.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 07:33:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 07:33:50