Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Youtube tutorial issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 07:17
Hello Guy & Gals,

I am new to AppGameKit and just purchased it on steam as I thought I would like to know how to program for fun.

I have been watching a tutorial online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0NLfhVCC5o&list=PLh8r_gWUKl8m4J79BlJ3s788x0M8F9Xtz
and at time stamp 11:54 of the video I entered the code line for line in agk and I keep getting an error. The error says "main.agc:15 error: Unexpected token "var", variable must be followed by an assignment" I have verified the code line by line and letter by letter so not sure of whats going on?

Sometime I get 3 errors when i try to compile the same code a couple times in a row.

i am attaching two picture of the code with both sets of errors.
Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong as the code matches line for line and there is an image in the project\media folder.
The code on youtube vid works when the person compiles and runs it yet for me its only errors.

Is this a problem with changes in agk or a windows 8.1 issue and if so how do I fix it please?
I am running account as admin so not sure what is up.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Gren

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 09:31
I think it should probably have an underscore

test_var
spr_two
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Gren
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Dec 2015 15:58
Hello BatVink,

Thanks for the help and the quick reply, I greatly appreciate it.

The fix you gave me worked, I guess i could not see the underscore in the yt video.

Anyways thanks again.
Have a great Holiday Season.
Gren

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:08:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:08:37