Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Problem with AGK and windows 7

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, when i use AppGameKit in windows 7 Starter, it works and compiles fine, but it is not able to open the .exe file, it just shows an error message saying "program.exe has stopped working"

It is funny because with Linux i can actually run the executable... but i cannot compile in .exe

I ran all the windows troublehooting and compatibility settings with any result. It says:

"Program compatibility: Package version: 1.5, publisher microsoft windows"

"Program compatibility: Packag version 1.0 publisher Microsoft corporation"

Windows version: 6.1

Architecture: x86
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2015 09:17
Are you an adminsitrator of your PC? You need administrator rights to compile the programs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Brny
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, it compiles the program and creates the .exe file, the problem is that my windows can not run the executable, if i pick it and i open it with Linux then it works fine but i need to restart my computer for that....
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2015 08:44
Have you tried creating a different, very simple program. For example, one that just print()s a line of text.

You might also want to make sure DirectX is up to date.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2015 14:38
It sounds like it might be a problem with Windows 7 Starter edition. I've never had anyone test AppGameKit on it before, but looking at the restrictions list it is missing Desktop Window Manager which is the only thing that jumps out at me as a possible problem. We do a check to make sure it is present before using it, but I'm not sure how Windows 7 Starter edition responds to this check, whether it is saying it is present but not fully functional, or something like that. I'm not sure I'll be able to get my hands on a copy of the starter edition to test, is it possible for you to use another version of Windows?
Brny
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Paul, yes, i use another version in my desktop computer... ok... i hope in the future that will be fixed
Brny
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jan 2016 15:19 Edited at: 26th Jan 2016 15:26
Hi, so after making all the checks definetely the problem is the video card of the computer, that the driver doesent support OpenGl...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:21:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:21:34