Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Collapsus (an awesome puzzle game I'm working on) is up for App of the Year and it needs your help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2015 19:55 Edited at: 18th Dec 2015 20:04
Hello!

It's been quite a long time since I've been on the TGC forums. Older users may remember me as the creator of the commercial FPSC game, 'Physix' and the FPSC script, 'MultiTalk' from a few years back. Well, since then I've moved away from FPSC and on to Unity as the small team I had back then grew into a real studio. In the interim of when I stepped away from the forums and now, we've started working on some new projects, picked up some physical studio space, changed our image a bit, picked up some new team members (and some old ones left), and just generally tried to turn our hobby into a real career. Heck, at the time, we thought the most exciting thing that could ever happen to us was Physix being picked up to be published by GamePro labs... but now we're licensed Nintendo eShop developers! It's been working out great for us, but none of that would have happened if you guys hadn't introduced me to the joy of game design! I felt it fitting that when faced with a pretty big moment, I'd come back here and ask for some help.

So, today, I'm back to ask you all for some help, if it's not too much trouble. The current game we're working on is called Collapsus. I had actually started working on Collapsus back in 2006 before I started on Physix, but shelved it for a while until recently. Let me tell you a little about it, if you'll indulge me:

It’s built on a unique risk-reward centered resource management mechanic in which you have a finite amount of blocks you are allowed to break and by making matches of four or more, you gain back the ability to break even more blocks, but be careful, if you run out of these “breaks”, it’s game over! Let's be honest, it's just way more fun to break blocks than to swap them! Collapsus features 3 Standard difficulties, 2 unlockable difficulties, and 20 Special modes to put your skills to the test (with a ‘Plus” mode for each one of those for a total of 40)! There’s also a Puzzle mode with 200 built-in puzzles, an online puzzle editor and sharing tool and free daily puzzles! You can even battle it out with up to 8 players in the online Versus mode.

Well, it's currently up for slideDB's 'App of the Year' award, and we've made it all the way to the top 50! This is a pretty big deal for us and we were really hoping that the community wouldn't mind helping us out by voting for us! There are only 2 days left and voting doesn't require an account or anything. You can vote here, if you would be so kind: http://www.slidedb.com/groups/2015-app-of-the-year-awards/top50#vote18201

Thank you so much! It means a lot to us to know we still have your support even now!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:47:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:47:50