Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / AGK 2.0.16 Not Compiling.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2015 12:22
I downloaded and installed AppGameKit 2.0.16 today.

To test I thought I would compile one of the games, Smackit.

I get the following error messages:
Running C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 1\Compiler\AGKCompiler.exe (in directory: C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\AGK2\Projects\Games\SmackIt)
error: Failed to open file for writing media/bytecode.byc
Compilation failed.

Can anybody offer a suggestion?

Regards

Henry "Pops" Hugo
Old grey plodder living in Cape Town
GunnerJnr
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2015 17:56 Edited at: 21st Dec 2015 17:59
Quote: "Running C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 1\Compiler\AGKCompiler.exe (in directory: C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\AGK2\Projects\Games\SmackIt)"

Hi PopsHugo I believe the issue is because you have set your projects folder in program files, you need to allow admins rights to my knowledge to be able to read/write files here, so I would suggest perhaps setting the default projects folder to 'My Documents' or something.

However, I believe that by right clicking the program and running it as administrator will allow sufficient priivledges.

You could also navigate to the folder where AGK2 is installed - (e.g - C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam/Steamapps/Common/App Game Kit 2/Tier 1/Editor/bin) and then right click the executable file - (AGK.exe), choose properties, click on the compatibility tab, and then at the bottom, tick the box that says 'Run this program as an administrator', click on apply and then ok, this will then ask you to provide admin rights everytime you run the AGK2 program, meaning you shouldn't get the issue anymore, as you won't be able to forget to run it as admin.

Hope this helps

Cheers
GunnerJnr
PopsHugo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 08:14
Hi GunnerJnr,

I moved the project file and it now compiles.

I now have issues with OpenGL extensionswhich I mus sort out.

Many thanks.

Old grey plodder living in Cape Town
GunnerJnr
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2015 09:36
No worries, glad it works for you. Good luck fixing the OpenGL extension

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 01:53:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 01:53:47