Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 2 Android Studio

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2015 01:49

Hello,

When I try to run template_android_google, out of the box, using Android Studio's Nexus 5 API 23 x86 emulator, the emulator says something like "Unfortunately AppGameKit Template has stopped working." Does anyone know what I can do?

Thank you ahead of time.
-mrradd-
mrradd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2015 07:10
The interpreter_android_google runs on the emulator. I made an APK for the template, and put it on my physical phone (Samsung Note 2) which still did not work. Both build fine, but template has null reference errors that I don't care enough to debug. Given my past programming experiences this is probably just me....
-mrradd-
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Could you get a copy of the logcat and post it here? That will make it much easier to track down the issue, it more than likely has to do with some sort of NDK issue or not finding the AppGameKit android lib.

Sean
mrradd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2015 15:38 Edited at: 30th Dec 2015 00:14
@Hockeykid
I assume this is what you wanted to see... and I just saw that it can't find library "android_player". Any suggestions on where this is? I also attached an image of what I am seeing in the Nexus emulator.

EDIT: Apparently I forgot to upload the image....
-mrradd-
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2016 00:38
I haven't looked at the latest Android templates yet (on my calendar for this weekend).

But, it looks like you haven't done the manifest updates in AndroidManifest.xml to change 'com.mycomplay.mytemplate' to the right string for your application.

There are some other steps as well. Unfortunately, TGC hasn't quite gotten the new Android Guide page updated with the right set of instructions.
Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 14:46
For the Tier 2 project you need to compile the NDK libs, this is the "android_player" library it is referring to. To do so make sure you have the Android NDK installed somewhere then browse to the following folder template_android_google\AGK2Template\src\main, there you will find a file named jniCompile.bat, edit it to make NDKBUILDCMD point to your NDK install location and then run it, it will generate the NDK libs and place them in the correct folder. Then when you compile in Android Studio it will pick up the libs and place them in the APK automatically.
mrradd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 15:47
WOOOOOOOT!

Thanks, Paul!
make -C ../NagGaCreMo/2016 -f aGame.mk

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:22:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:22:54