Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / PlaySound causes an error on Mac when the app exits during playback

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2015 06:13
When I run my app on OSX, and I use PlaySound (even one time), and then I close the app with the 'X' button as the sound effect is still playing, an error pops up that is kind of difficult to understand. When you click to send the error to Apple, it displays the full text of the error.

I've copied and pasted the error text here. It's a doozy!

Senior Software Engineer - RotoGrinders
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2016 13:58
I think it's something to do with threads. Lol.

I have seen a similar thing happen on recent iterations of Android and a quick search pointed me towards looking at how the main thread is killed off leaving orphan threads behind. There was something about having the main method throw exception rather than being killed as the solution, but as I'm sticking with Tier 1 for now, that is currently beyond my reach.

Hopefully Paul can take a look.

Quote: "Model: MacBookPro11,3, BootROM MBP112.0138.B16, 4 processors, Intel Core i7, 2.3 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.19f12"
*Jealous*
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 16:29
Thanks, fixed for the next version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:29:10