Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3D World Studio / Flickering/flashing textures in DBpro after loading model from 3DWS

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Fellow enthusiasts!

After having made a model in 3DWS that consists of multiple (separate) boxes and plains added together, everything starts flashing of flickering in DBpro once I have loaded the model and start moving the camera around.

I tried playing around with the " Set object" or " Set object texture" commands, but everything keeps on being messy with flashing textures in DBpro, while it looks good in 3DWS. Is it because the object consists of multiple (seperately textured) objects (in which vertices are unconnected)?

Help appreciated!

Here is my code:

RemiD
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

It may happen because of several reasons :
- same objects have been mistakenly copied pasted and some of their faces have the same normal and intersect (z order problems)
- different objects have some of their faces have the same normal and intersect (z order problems)
- some objects have been shaped in a way that they are not convex anymore (see the help of 3DWS for an explanation of convex and concave)
RemiD
Years of Service
User Offline
It may also happen if you use a camerarange which has a too great factor between maxrange and minrange. (usually it is recommended to use a factor of 1000, for example 0.1,100 or 1,1000)
Jan E
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the suggestions. However, It also happens when create a simple torus or cone using the tools from 3DWS, or when I hollow i simple Box. They are also transparent, in which I can see the textures of the face inside the hollow box as well.

This shouldnt be the case right, since I simply made one hollow box using the 3DWS tool and did not make anything complex..
RemiD
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
They are also transparent, in which I can see the textures of the face inside the hollow box as well.
"

Inside 3DWS or inside DBPro ?
If you haven't deleted the exterior faces, normally you can't see the interior faces if you are at the exterior of the hollowed mesh...
Jan E
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah its inside DBpro, while everything looks good in 3DWS. How can this be solved?
RemiD
Years of Service
User Offline
-decrease the camerarange so that the ratio is 1000 maximum (for example 0.1 100 or 1 1000)
-make sure that some faces don't have the same position orientation and intersect.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 13:07:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 13:07:57