Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / How do you make different color schemes for AGK?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 31st Dec 2015 14:45
I'm just wondering how to go about making my own custom color theme for AppGameKit, as I don't like many of the included ones. If someone could point me to any resources on the subject I would greatly appreciate it!

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2015 16:14 Edited at: 31st Dec 2015 16:14
Settings -> Editor

Here's what mine look like:

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 31st Dec 2015 20:54 Edited at: 31st Dec 2015 20:57
Do you mean Preferences > Editor?

I went there, and all I could find was something that inverted the colors. Which gives me a theme much closer to what I want, but still is quite hideous.

Here's a screenshot of where I went, can you give me a screenshot and show me exactly where to go to modify each color? Thanks!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2015 23:41
my amiga thema is here:
X:\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\Tier 1\Editor\data\colorschemes\
the .conf file you can open/edit with notepad.
AGK (Steam) V2.0.16 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.30.1025) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 1st Jan 2016 11:04
Thanks Markus!

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2016 04:41
Your IDE looks nothing like mine. Is that AGK2? If it is and that's the only way you can change the colors now is by using notepad, I feel TGC went backwards with that feature.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2016 22:43
My AGK2 has a text file in the Editor folder that reads...

The IDE comes with some additional themes that change the way everything in the IDE looks, these themes are located in the folder share/themes, make a note of the folder names. The currently active theme is controlled by the file data/geany.gtkrc open it and look at the last line, by default this should read

include "../share/themes/MS-Windows/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

You can change it to another theme by using a different folder mentioned earlier, such as

include "../share/themes/ClearlooksDark/gtk-2.0/gtkrc"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:22:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:22:25