Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / problems on note 3

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2016 13:54 Edited at: 4th Jan 2016 13:58
I have just finished a project and asked a friend to test the apk out on his note 3, the apk was built within ubuntu using the latest AppGameKit, he has complained that the backdrop is semi-transparent instead of just the default black, it runs fine on my hudl2. I added a button to the project and it randomized the backdrop colour by simply setting the clear colour and calling clearscreen(), he then had a semi-transparent backdrop of varying colour?!! So this counted out just black being involved.
Hail to the king, baby!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2016 16:08
Unfortunately I haven't seen this issue, and I don't have a note 3 to test. Can you get him to take a screenshot of what it looks like, versus what it should look like? Also it may help to see the code you are using to set the backdrop.
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2016 23:55 Edited at: 20th Jan 2016 00:04
The code is complicated as it is part of my whole 2d level editor, however all I was doing was saying:

This works fine giving me a nice red backdrop on most devices,like my hudle 2 or samsung phone, however on the note 3

he did give me a screen shot just recently here
http://imgur.com/1QU9yyK

where again I had clear the screen with a clearcolor of 200,0,0, the red bits you do see are sprites that matched the clear colour and was used to cover the fruit up above/below the reels
it shouldve looked like what is shown in this thread:

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216326
Hail to the king, baby!
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2016 23:03
I've never seen that before, the device is allowing a transparent back buffer to show the screens behind the app. Even though AppGameKit uses back buffer alpha for blending reasons the app window itself should be opaque. I'll see if I can fix this by explicitly setting the window opaque, however it may be a "feature" of the device to create transparent opengl windows. A work around would be to draw a sprite behind everything else that covers the whole screen.
shadey
Years of Service
User Offline
He did mention it as being a feature of the phone! But yeh I have been using said work around, of course it doesnt stop others just clearing the screen in a set colour!
Hail to the king, baby!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:24:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:24:12