Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Unexpected Token "End Of Line"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2016 20:20
Hi,

I'm trying to paste in some code from Excel (I use excel as an "editor" for my game that creates the codes in the cells and then I copy and paste the code into AGKV2) This worked around a year ago and I don't know if it's cos of the newer versions of AppGameKit or if I'm now using Mac Excel that's causing this error on every single line I paste in. It's around 500 lines of code though and the only fix is to click at the start of each line, hit delete once to take the text up to the previously line, then hit enter. After that is works! But I don't want to do this 500 times every time I paste in the code. There are no spaces or anything at the end of each line.

Any ideas on how to resolve? I've tried pasting into word first as unformatted text and tried to paste from word but I get the same error.

Thanks!

John
El Presidente
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2016 20:47
There are 2 standards for ending a line:

LF (Line Feed ASCII 10)
CR LF (Carriage Return ASCII 13, Line Feed ASCII 10)

The first is the Linux standard (the basis for MacOS)
I think you need the latter (Windows standard) for AGK.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
kozma_11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2016 21:54
Thanks BatVink! Just added the ascii character in Excel and it works fine again!

Cheers
John
El Presidente

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:28:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:28:40