Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 3d Physics Demonstration - i Always said , Physics are the best Screen Saver.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 08:19 Edited at: 4th Mar 2016 14:30
Hello Forum knights and lords

Decided to share one of some projects I have been working on since AppGameKit 2.0 was released , I waited for so long for 3d Physics once it was out I had to do some exercises with it

Sometimes I just play this and put it on a different screen then my main one ( got 3 ) and just let it be...

This project contains :
3d Physics
Render to Images

I'm pondering about releasing the code , well lets see what you thinking about it.
cause I know if one of you shader wizards Shader It , it will probably be even better.

FPS - reduced to 120 cause of game capture app... about 500 - 400 fps on my end.

P.s - Don't forget to see it under 720p.

Code released
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 08:45
Excellent !
Thank you, it's really a great demo for AppGameKit physics
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 09:13
that looks great! well done

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2016 15:33
Nice. I like simple but effective demos.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 17th Jan 2016 12:34
Thank you
well , more replies
equal
source code

(just want to get most people attention , from my understanding , the more we share between each other the better we all will be )

who can say , how many render to images there are in this project ?
or 6
?
Survey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 17:38
haliop_New
Are you trawling for 'Likes'? Who's attention do you want?
There is hardly any information on 3d Physics.
Please just share your code.
Asus T100. Win 8.1 CPU Z3775. AppGameKit V2 Alpha 7.1
HD Graphics (Bay Trail)
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
I wonder if AppGameKit can include gravity that is centered to a point in the world.

You know, like a planet, which has its own gravity.

Think Angry Bird.

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2016 10:10
@haliop_New - nice physics demo! Any chance of you releasing this for users to study? I'd love to be able to add it to the core AppGameKit as a demo.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Feb 2016 14:31
Quote: "haliop_New
Please just share your code."

now im feeling really stupid and trolly i should have released the code along time ago
i am hospitalized and cant share any code this is not my home pc...

once im out (a long time from now....)
Sorry RickV again feeling really stupid i just wanted to get your(forum knights) attention before releaseing the code making your head wander a bit before getting the code.

btw it uses about 4-6 render to images that are then transffared to a 3d plain object.
being hosplitalized i have about 6 - 8 hours a day thinking of new updates, games and building and drawining one full game for all devices , this is my biggest project yet and i havent even started coding .

if someone remmember this : ( i have shown this some time ago )

so im rewarking it , creating a full single player campign , multiplayer , great things are going on , sorry again for not being able to share the code at this instnace .. wish i had a camera to show you the drawings , its going to be really cool
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2016 14:41
I remember thinking how cool your grenade explosions looked back then.

Quote: " 4-6 render to images that are then transffared to a 3d plain object."
Why? It just looks like tiny primitives as dynamic physics pbjects with sphere shape to make them roll. I can't see the reason to render to images (or am I missing something?).
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2016 14:52
Quote: "Quote: "haliop_New
Please just share your code."
"

Quote: "now im feeling really stupid and trolly i should have released the code along time ago "

No need to feel trolly, you contribute plenty to this community.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Feb 2016 11:45
Quote: "Why? It just looks like tiny primitives as dynamic physics pbjects with sphere shape to make them roll. I can't see the reason to render to images (or am I missing something?)."

i do some tricks there , something about physics object get drawn more then once to create a trail so instead of creating more objects and deleting them , i use one just draw it again on another render to image.. you can see this when they get an energy bounce and flown upwards they leave a smoky trail, so 2 renderto timages are used for this trail i dont remmeber why , but you need 2 for this and not one... something about alpha transparency btw once i wanted to trail i had to redo everything inisde render to images objects and sorting them accordenly , i just wish Paul will let us use CreateObjectQuad() with some more details such as CreateObjectQuad(ActLikeNormal3dObject as integer) so i might even throw it away or rotate it and the not scene itself.. also all objects attributes will be used.

Quote: "No need to feel trolly, you contribute plenty to this community."

Thank you , once i'll get home i'll post the code i will need to comment it so be pataince , i think i can even get it to work much faster if Paul add a ShellCommands feature so i'll create more phytsics objects on other apps and transfer them into one main app , cause drawing just an object is much faster then creating it with physics attached to it , however at that point a lot of objects wont collide with each other but the results of thousands of 3d physics objects falling down these tubes will be pretty much awesome.

please be patiance .
first thing i 'll do it post the code once i can..
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 4th Mar 2016 14:29
ok here it is , sorry for the delay

this project present 3d physics and render to images attached to 3d object plains rather then quad since quad transparency doesn't work I used ordinary plains.
the code is a bit messy sorry for that.

enjoy , no extra files are needed here.

Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 4th Mar 2016 15:08
I have a question why are you using a scale factor of 193.0 for the physics world?
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 4th Mar 2016 15:09
I don't remember x:
If you see anything needs changing please do... (and share)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:23:53
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:23:53