Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Terrain from .Obj?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello AGK-ers. Sorry for disturbing. Just wondering about 1 thing;

Is there any way to use 3D models (for example, .obj) as terrains for the new 3D physic feature?

For example, is there any command that would shape the physic collision according to a loaded 3D model of a terrain? Like a BSP level or something?

I used to check for the highest point of the terrain model in DBPro to make the character 'walk' on the terrain models using raycasting. But then I will need to set up the collision manually for sideways collision.

It would be great if we can load 3D models and use them as terrain. So far I can only use simple 3D shapes to form simple terrain.

So is there any way to use more complex 3D model of terrains in the new 3D physic system?
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 25th Jan 2016 09:53
Yes, use Create3DPhysicsStaticBody().
This command will create a Static triangle mesh collision shape and physics body for the object.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2016 17:12 Edited at: 25th Jan 2016 18:02
Thanks.

Was fooled by that 'triangle mesh' part when going through the help files haha

Is there any limit to the number of physic objects that I can create?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 09:21:57
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 09:21:57