Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / WIP - Fruit Smoothie (Multi Platform)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2016 02:19
This looks great. Good luck with the KS
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2016 10:56
This is looking great CJB! I'd be interested in doing some animation in Spine or Spriter if you are interested. You may already have someone ready to do the animation but if not and you'd like me to have a quick go at an animated strawberry I'd be happy to. Your artwork is already great so I assume you have an artist who can provide the character art to be animated?
No worries if you aren't interested but I'd love to have a go...
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 12:12
Yeah this looks really pollished and professional

I don't think this type of game will work on Kickstarter. Usually this type of game is released for free with the option for the players to pay to remove adds or to get extra energy or tools. And there are a lot of these line connect games out there.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 12:20
Quote: "This looks great. Good luck with the KS"

Quote: "This is looking great CJB!"

Thanks chaps!

The artwork is currently bought in on a single game licence from graphic-river, so no artist on hand . I have a bunch of animation requirements and would be absolutely stoked if you want to have a crack at it! For example: When you use the pour spout at the moment, the glass of smoothie simply pops into existence on the screen (I'll put a vid up to show you this evening). What I'd like to see is the empty glass appear on the screen, then the juice pours into the glass (with appropriate sounds and splat effects), and then tween/scale into position. Also need some ambient animations for the background(s), and level map. I'll be adding a "fog of war" to the level map too (just clouds, or maybe something else to make it different - everyone does clouds!).

I've made a start on the Kickstarter but nothing public yet. I have all my pledge levels and award in place. I have written the script and just got hold of a Go-Pro Hero to shoot the promo vid! Doing a Kickstarter is good fun!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Sep 2016 19:45
Let me know when your Kickstarter is ready to go and I will support

Doing the actual work on the Kickstarter is really quite good but when you press the button to get it out there, you have to make sure you are on top of it and promoting it every day, really spend some quality time on this part. I would say before you actually press the go live button, get on a lot of app and gaming forums to let people know about your game and also indiedev channels on twitter and Facebook etc. Even email a couple of gaming magazines to let them know about it.
This is where you can show your promo video first to get people interested and talking about your project.

Really you need to be doing this for a couple of weeks or more before pressing the go live button so that when your Kickstarter is live then there will be people to support straight away.
The problem with Kickstarter is that your project is hard to come across unless you have quite a few people supporting on day 1 or 2 of the go live.
So the more hits you get at the start the better the momentum through to the middle part where it starts to fall off a bit, then you tend to get a bit of a spurt at the end.

I really went wrong here when I did my Kickstarter but got a lot of advice part way through unfortunately when it was too late to make it work.

If I was doing it again say for educational apps I would contact people like netmums and kidsapps, people like this for a few weeks and keep building it up then doing a countdown for the Kickstarter go live, e.g. 5 days to go, etc.

I really wish you luck with this though as you have a great app here
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2016 12:40
Quote: "I have a bunch of animation requirements and would be absolutely stoked if you want to have a crack at it!"

I'll have a go at anything you like, just email me!
Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
looks great, hit us with a kickstarter link so we can back you
best regards Preben Eriksen,
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 10:58
Nice to see this game progressing, keep up the good work. I hope to see it on an app store soon!

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 11:50
Here's the first draft of the kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/603388158/1433836219?token=ca58e250

I'm going to give myself a week or so to build the content, and then I'll give it another week to promote the Kickstarter before hitting the Go Live button!

Thanks for the support, advice and encouragement guys!

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 14:24
Good to see you trying to push this to completion.

I hope you don't mind a bit of constructive criticism. I think the video needs to be tidied up a little, remember this is your first impression to prospective investors...

Live images need to be brighter and in focus. Get as much light on them as possible when you record. You can reduce the brightness post -processing, but lightening it reduces quality and increases graininess.
Stabilise the camera and check your backgrounds. Patio doors and other distractions need to go
Stabilise the mobile device, even if you have to clamp your arm out of shot
Add a background behind the screen images, rather than plain black.
Brand the video, start with a logo and finish with a logo.
I know it is a game, but I don't get much else from the video. Tell me about how simple it is to play but difficult to master, progression, rewards, uniqueness

Good luck with it, this is a game that deserves to succeed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 16:44
In addition to what BatVink said. Those images you have added to the video looks fake, anyone can tell that they are stock photos with a screenshot pasted in. Personally I would skip them as they don't go well with the rest of the video. Kickstarter videos are usually more personal and gives more information about the project. Or you can do a normal trailer with text descriptions.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2016 21:59
Thanks for the feedback!

I knew the video was a poor attempt. Haha... I'll just pretend it was always supposed to be a placeholder. Took me around 20 minutes to make!

I'll put a bit more effort into my next attempt. I'm hoping to have one of those slick promo vids made for the first minute or so giving a quick rundown of game features, leading into the talky bit with me. (eek!).

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 10:56 Edited at: 7th Oct 2016 10:56
Quote: "leading into the talky bit with me. (eek!)."

If you don't like the thought of this, you can get a 60 second voiceover for a few quid on fiverr.com.
Iike this guy's voice for trailers, this is my son's music trailer...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TutCity is being rebuilt
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 11:36
Yes! What do you think about this promo vid also on fiverr?: https://www.fiverr.com/frank_d/mobile-app-promo-video-ios-android?context=advanced_search&context_type=rating&context_referrer=search_gigs&pos=10&funnel=5986de6e-33a2-4a64-95ca-410a400dea7e

I can use footage from the actual game instead of just screenshots and have a voice-over for more description. I don't mind doing an extra bit about me at the end, but my video editing just isn't up to scratch, and I don't have enough spare cash to have it done properly

Can anyone recommend a good way to grab game footage? Fraps appears to reduce frame-rate regardless of what settings I use on PC. Recent versions of Android allow you to record gameplay within the "Google Play Games" app which would probably do the job, except it's not available on 4.3 (the latest firmware for my handset).

Congrats to Declan on the EP by the way! I know it was a couple of years ago, but looks really good! Has he kept up the band?

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 23:07 Edited at: 7th Oct 2016 23:10
Quote: "Can anyone recommend a good way to grab game footage?"

I use OBS (Open Broadcast Software). It can be a bit fiddly to set up, but once done you just keep clicking record with the same settings.
You will need to use the Game Capture source.
And it's free

Quote: "Congrats to Declan on the EP by the way! I know it was a couple of years ago, but looks really good! Has he kept up the band?"

He still plays solo and with his sister, the band wanted different things (screechy shouty things ). Also studying Music in Leeds.

TutCity is being rebuilt

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2017 09:41
Unlocked at authors request
Development Director
TGC Team
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2017 09:59 Edited at: 24th Feb 2017 10:01
Great! Thanks Rick.

I'm starting work on the "Greenhouse" part of the game. This is where the user can lvl up their Fruit (the higher the lvl, the more juice they make) and grow special items like Fruit Bombs (turns an area into one type of fruit), Mega Splat (bursts all fruit at once) etc.
To grow a new special plant, the player must first find the seeds whilst playing (some may also be hidden on the map screen).
This will also be the primary monetisation area with In App Purchasing for new seeds, plant food, etc.

There's also worms that will attack your plants (stop growth) unless you tap on them to get rid of them.

Mock up:

This screen will be accessible from the level map.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2017 17:25
Glad to see you back at it CJB!
Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 13:55

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 06:50:13
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 06:50:13