Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Using the AGK IDE

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2016 18:21 Edited at: 5th Feb 2016 18:23
How is the experience in using the AppGameKit 2 IDE? Any suggestions you can make to minimize the learning curve in completing projects?

I programmed with dbpro for a while and have experiences with other languages. Am starting with tier 1 though I would rather program with basic but I think the power afforded by c++ will be most effective for creating mobile apps.

Also where do templates come into AppGameKit programming? Is that strictly tier 2?

And does tier 2 programming require an external ide? I ask that because I am unsure why people often mention using M$ visual studio.

Thank you.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2016 01:45 Edited at: 6th Feb 2016 01:46
Select Tools/Install additional files in the IDE to download examples

Have you tried broadcasting? It's the most amazing thing;
1. download/Install the AGK2 App on your mobile device from the App store or Google play
2. Launch the App
3. In the AppGameKit IDE click on broadcast
4. It will compile and transfer the program to your mobile app and run it! No Test flight for ios, no building and transferring an .apk for android. it is absolutely amazing!

I think Visual Studio is recommended for Tier 2

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:18:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:18:45