Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 2 setup error.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2016 03:12 Edited at: 7th Feb 2016 03:17
Today i was playing around and was going to try and setup Tier 2.
I downloaded and installed VS C++ 2013 Community from the Microsoft website which installed successfully.
When downloading the Windows 7 SDK mentioned in the T2 guide on the AppGameKit website i encountered this error.

I clicked ok and continued the install which i didn't know if it was the right thing to do. About 60 seconds into the install i encountered another error which would not let me install.

This is the 2nd time i have been stopped trying to expand into tier 2. Maybe its a sign to stick with basic i have no clue. The head aches i have encountered trying to use Visual Studio is nuts.
Has anyone else encountered this and if so how did you solve it?

I go to the link to download the .net 4 and it gives me this error.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4 redistributable. <A HREF="http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=164207">More information</A>.

Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4 has already been installed on this computer.

I check the control panel for installed programs and the .net 4.5 sdk was installed with VS 2013. Not .net 4.

I have no idea where to start and if anyone could point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2016 09:04
I have not used Tier 2. But I would uninstall your current version of .NET and install Framework 4.
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2016 20:37 Edited at: 7th Feb 2016 21:06
Quote: "I have not used Tier 2. But I would uninstall your current version of .NET and install Framework 4."

Well I just did that and restarted my computer to find the errors are still the same.

I'm almost tempted to do a clean install to make sure of it. I just don't want to do that to follow the same steps and get the same results.

To anyone who has set up Tier 2 on Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 if you would be so kind. Post the links of what you downloaded and installed in the order you did so with what versions of windows you used.

I would just like to know what exactly needs to be installed to get AppGameKit running in tier 2. When installed VS2013 this is only half of what installed.

The following the guide on the AppGameKit Website was not as simple as download Vs install the Windows 7 sdk. atleast not for me anyways.

SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2016 21:53
I haven't been on the PC for a while but I installed Visual C++ 2010 last time I used it. I have been using the Mac since so haven't been on the PC in a while but I will try and have a go installing the latest version hopefully in the next few days on Windows 10.

From what I remember it wasn't difficult I had no problems but maybe I was just lucky.

Hopefully someone will have a bash or know how they did it before I get chance to have a look so you can get sorted earlier!
The Amiga and Amos were great!
My website LEAP - Download Paint Pot here!
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2016 22:04
Well right now I'm doing a clean install of 8.1 and going to bang my head on the keyboard till it works.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2016 23:14
I hope your keyboard isn't covered in metal like mine Jokes aside, good luck!
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2016 04:23 Edited at: 8th Feb 2016 06:53
Well just got done watching the Denver Broncos win the big game

Starting the download for VS 2015 at the moment going to give this another shot.

*Crosses Fingers*

Im almost positive VS 2015 is going to download the Windows SDK automatically with the updated .net framework just like 2013 did.

The question I still have is. Did I waste my time worrying about what the AppGameKit guide wanted? The link provided in the guide is too the Windows SDK 7.1 .net 4 Framework. Which is now outdated and giving me problems installing. I have searched google and many more also have had this issue.

Will AppGameKit run with the Windows SDK 7.1 downloaded and installed by the 2015 installer?

Edit: Well the answer to my previous question is no it will not work with the Windows SDK VS installed automatically.
The good news is when I opened up the VS2015 AppGameKit template to test it out. VS showed an error before the project loads and said "Hey this project is outdated. Would you like me to update you with the Windows SDK 7.1 for Win XP
so have to let VS download and install another 4gb of hopefully the correct stuff to try again. *fingers still crossed*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FINALLY! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

So easy this go around.
Step 1 - Install VS-2015.
Step 2 - Find Visual Studio Template in the program files. Copy and rename it.
Step 3 - Open AppGameKit Template
Step 4 - VS-2015 will prompt you it wont run and install the files it tells you too(Windows SDK 7.1 for win xp) It will ask you if you want it to do all the work and click yes (Install). Wait for VS-2015 to install the Windows 7.1 SDK win Xp.
Step 5 - Download and install the DirectX End User
Step 6 - Make sure your running VS-2015 as ADMIN
Step 7 - Your done!!!!!!
Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2016 13:24
Well done Will, hard work but you got there
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2016 13:28
On another note and just to mix it up a bit lol
Does anyone know what this is about:

https://code.visualstudio.com

Is it similar to VS 2015?? It says you can use it on PC, Mac or Linux or is this just an editor?
Can't make my mind up what it is.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2016 14:13
Quote: "Does anyone know what this is about:"

It's a cut-down editor. There's a FAQ page: https://code.visualstudio.com/Docs/supporting/FAQ

V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2016 14:45
Was watching the video, haha didn't see that cheers CJB.
Looks like it is more than an editor and has plug ins etc but don't think it would be of any use yet and not for C++. Might be one to look at in the future when out of beta as it seems like half editor, debugger, almost IDE which could maybe be good in the future for AppGameKit with it being cross platform
Looks like you can link it to Unity so maybe AppGameKit in the future.

Potential

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:47:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:47:14