Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Smart Worm a small arcade game.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2016 09:57 Edited at: 7th Feb 2016 15:40
A simple 2D arcade. I spent two weeks for developing.
I decided it is completely painful to develop game using C++. I rule out ability to develop it using basic and AppGameKit player, because I like control everything .

What I've done: I bought both versions of AGK. This game was created by AGK2. I used Tier2, but I replaced logic layer by simply script language: squirrel http://www.squirrel-lang.org/ . It was a beautiful challenge to merge AppGameKit with something.

Which problems I had. I think android example is absolutely raw. There were numerous problems with it. IAPs don't working at all, maybe I used incorrect examples, but as a result I've always gained a freezing application. I've replaced IAP logic by myself.
Furthermore, I don't understand, why AppGameKit provides only one type of ADS. I want to have small ads and interstial. I made self implementation for interstial, as well as small ads carry out by AGK. In addition, I implemented callback to tier2 from java, because I don't like pulling.

Result highlights below

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.qiz.games.smartworm

All feedback is appreciated.
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Neat movement on the worm!

For your video link, just remove all the link info except the part after the "v=" and it'll work. I did exactly the same to start with!
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2016 17:23
I can't see the original post, just DavidAGK's reply
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
bodryachog
Years of Service
User Offline