Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Marketing your app.

Author
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I done a game.
I done a website.
I setup adword campaigns to drive installs.
I made a press release and submitted it to the press and review sites.
I submitted to all the alternative download sites like amazon etc...
Trying some cross promotion.

I know i need more positive "star rating" reviews on the android store : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plemsoft.arcadefps , but how do i get around getting more reviews ?

What else can be done ?

best regards Preben Eriksen,
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 12:31
Setup a Twitter account and post tweets with hashtags that get lots of re-tweets (like screenshotsaturday, indiedev, gamedev etc.).
Create a Linkedin profile for yourself and join gamedev groups to talk about your development(s).
Use Facebook?
Link your twitter, linkedin, Facebook and websites together so updates will propogate to the other sites where possible.
Make a Youtube Channel, and some videos of your game, or videos of people playing your game, or of people responding to people playing your game etc.
Post about your game in related forums (don't just spam forums or risk community wrath!).
Go for Steam Greenlight - whether you get it or not, it is still more exposure for your game?
Do a Kickstarter (same reason as above)?
Tell all your friends and family to download and leave nice reviews.
Tell all your friends and family to tell all their friends and family to download and leave nice reviews.
Tell all your friends and family to tell their fr.... you get the idea.

Reviews come over time. Encourage reviews by responding to critic left by users (i.e. "User: I can't close the video add"... "You: fixed for next update" etc.) or by offering a reward for likes (check ts & cs)?

There is a nice marketing thread here.
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 13:23 Edited at: 12th Feb 2016 13:25
My facebook , twitter , google+ , youtube is already done

Great marketing thread you found there , i will consider steam thanks.
best regards Preben Eriksen,

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:25:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:25:41