Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Feature Requests - can we do more?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2016 20:24 Edited at: 12th Feb 2016 21:28
In relation to the "Feature Request" thread:
Question:
Quote: "Do these requests get read by example Paul?
The only reason I ask is that Paul has only made one post to this thread back in 2014 and we literally have no idea if requests have been read, pencilled in to be added long term or short term, or even dismissed."

Answer:
Quote: "I've been keeping an eye on this thread, but there is too much to reply to, and too many potential promises to be made. If I see something I agree with I'll make a note of it and try to get it in a future version."

Thank you for your honest reply Paul, I can sympathize for and empathize with you for the current situation but cannot help but feel a little disappointed.
Clearly the last thing any of us want to do is to distract you from your code creating so I wonder if the forum can suggest an alternative "Feature Requests" method which could help us, Paul and TGC.

Firstly do we decide if the thread needs improving ?
If the answer is NO, we can be assured that Paul will do his best to introduce or amend a previously mentioned command if he feels it is justifiable.

If the answer is YES, we may need an alternative method of listing requests which is possibly ordered by the number of votes it gets from forum members. Then it would be easier for Paul to identify any commands at the top of the list that we would like to be introduced or amended or indeed which he needs to refuse because of technical issues.

Clearly we are at an early stage here and if the majority are happy as things are then nothing needs to be done, but alternatively if there is a way to try to prevent some requests being forgotten about then now may be a good time to try.

Any ideas or thoughts should all be thrown in the pot.

Note: if any final idea change is formulated it will still need to be put to TGC for approval & acceptance.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2016 11:51
Well, there are tons of suggestions and only so much dev time. I guess the 2016 poll is somewhat based on this thread.

I'm not sure that a voting system is the best because there can be small requests that makes sense and or is easy to add. But since no one thinks its important at the time it was posted it never got any attention, even if it was a good idea.

Once more features are added, perhaps it's time to start on a new thread or use some other system. I think that this is a good enough solution for now.
IBOL
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2016 20:31
integration with STEAM like userID , achievements and such.
there are 125 million steam users.
and they like to BUY games.
Not like all those mobile people who only do *free* games.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2016 22:48
IBOL:
Yeah that would be great!

However that belongs in the Feature Request thread. The topic of this thread is to discuss if that thread is good enough or if some other method should be used.
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2016 10:50
Hi many thanks, primarily to Digital Awakening both for comments and for steering the ship.

An option I was thinking of was more in the line of a table where column A was ranking position, column B was short description or command name, column C votes received, plus others for date, possibly status, through to a full description of the problem or need.
Then it would need a voting system whereby by logging in we get say 5 votes per month and select the request that we would like or need most.

I know there would be lots of difficulties but at least we would have a table of requests that we could refer to more easily.

Paul would still have overall say and he could quite easily introduce request 100 before request 1, but at least he knows what we would like.

Requests that are not going to be introduced for a long time could be colour coded as such and any command introduced or amended could drop off the table as completed.

But the bottom line is nobody appears to want change so maybe we can let this one die.

Too much too soon Father Thread.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2016 13:01
It's not a bad idea but I think it's too soon. There are too many features that people are requesting. Perhaps next year? It also takes time to set up, unless there's a ready to use system.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:31:10
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:31:10