Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Tier 2 - There are issues with calling commands for Google Play Services with AGK 2.0.16.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2016 13:23
First off, it ask for you to sign in twice and it takes a good 10 to 15 secs to sign you in. Sometimes it tells you that it is unable to log you in.
Second, this command crashes the app: agk::GetGameCenterExists()==1.
Third, if things does go well, when I go to submit my score my app crashes.

Something is not quite right with the commands when trying to get Google Play Services working. Please look into it...

Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2016 18:26
I haven't worked with the Game Center stuff yet.

But, as a general comment (as a former community tester), it helps to see the code that you are using to see if your problems are related to how you are using the commands.

It's hard for anyone to 'look into it' if they don't have an example of what doesn't work so as to repeat the problem.

Some things need to be done in different ways/places in Tier 2 as compared to Tier 1. A prime example is how the agk::Sync() command works.
Cheers,
Ancient Lady
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2016 23:53 Edited at: 15th Feb 2016 00:02
True. Ancient Lady.

It's just that I got everything working perfectly for iOS. So I expected I could follow the same formula for Android.
So, Let me start with the very first thing.

In Tier 2, I have this code in the Begin section:

Now right out the gate I run into a problem on Android. For iOS this runs fine.
What I understand this to mean is that if Game Services is installed on the device, GetGameCenterExists() will detect it and return a value of 1.

I know for Android you have to install Game Services from the Google Play Store, so if you don't have it installed GetGameCenterExists() should return 0.
So I have Google Play Games installed on my device and when my app reaches this command it crashes the app. It doesn't do that on iOS.

So what I did was comment out and went straight to the setup command without the check.
So again, as I wrote before, it makes me wonder about the implementation of the rest of the commands.

I hope that is enough to start. I don't want to get into the rest of my code until I get some satisfaction on the why the crash on GetGameCenterExists() when Google Play Games is installed.
Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2016 16:55
Quote: "this command crashes the app: agk::GetGameCenterExists()==1"

Thanks, fixed for the next version.

Quote: "when I go to submit my score my app crashes"

I've fixed a bug with GameCenterShowLeaderBoard causing a crash for the next version, but GameCenterSubmitScore should be working.

Quote: "it ask for you to sign in twice and it takes a good 10 to 15 secs to sign you in"

Unfortunately this is down to Google, we hand over to the Google Play Services API and it does the login.
ThrOtherJoJo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2016 00:05
Quote: "
I've fixed a bug with GameCenterShowLeaderBoard causing a crash for the next version, but GameCenterSubmitScore should be working.
"

Thanks.
Prove Your Worthiness
KG2Entertainment.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:18:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:18:33