Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Bumpmap Shader in 2.0.16 versus 2.0.14

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2016 05:48
Hi all,

prior to the recent light source changes (was that in 2.0.15?) I had some shaders that I got off the AppGameKit forums that worked (some of the more recent ones still do work), however I cannot get this one to work any more.
If I do not assign the shader to the object the object shows the texture correctly (but no bumpmap)
If I assign the/enable the shader on the object, the object appears black

I know very little of shaders, but I am convinced this is a lighting issue, so can somebody either point me in the right direction on how to fix them, or update the attached shader?
I have tried several other older shaders (from the last 6-12 months) and most have this issue (show black) on both Windows and Linux.

Thanks
It\'s late, I\'m tired, out of coffee and now I\'m wet.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zwarteziel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2016 14:25
Hi Harlequin,

there has been a change recently where all references to agk_ObjColor need to be replaced by agk_MeshDiffuse. This could be the culprit, although I haven't had the time to test your shader personally. Just search in your .ps-file and replace the tekst. Hope it helps!

Harlequin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2016 00:20
Hi Zerotown,

this worked a treat!
I wonder if should somebody (a mod?) post a note at the top of the AppGameKit shaders thread about this?

Thanks heaps.
It\'s late, I\'m tired, out of coffee and now I\'m wet.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2020-07-10 10:04:33
Your offset time is: 2020-07-10 10:04:33