Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / AGK2 on Windows surface pro, will it works?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2016 20:23 Edited at: 19th Feb 2016 08:15
Hi guys,

I'm a newbie in developement world and I'm searching for a lightweight computer to begin coding. Only time I Have to learn and begin to create my programs is during my long travals by train.

So, I'm planning to buy a Windows surface pro with Intel core or ATOM CPU and 2GB of ram but I need to know this little computer will be power enoght to use AGK2.

Thank you very much for your answers by advance.

best regards

Sergius.
Sergius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 08:17 Edited at: 19th Feb 2016 22:48
sorry, double post.

best regards

Sergius.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 09:06
Welcome

I have heard other people talk about using AppGameKit on low-spec laptops while travelling.
You could try downloading Geanie, which is the IDE that is used in AGK.
Most AppGameKit code will run on anything, but it may struggle with more intensive processes like 3D. You could download a couple of compiled AppGameKit games and see how they perform.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2016 18:23
I have just bought a Windows tablet. Intel atom with 2gb of RAM. It runs most agk games just fine. The only problem is compile times. 60 seconds to compile the space game demo provided with agk. Which isn't bad just annoying.

Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
Sergius
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you guys.

It seems to be ok to begin creating some light code.

thank you.
Survey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 13:18 Edited at: 11th Mar 2016 13:22
Crazy Programmer
I have an atom for travel, but was disappointed with the compile time BUT.....
Try opening the task manager during compile and kill the one app that hogs 80% resources.
I don't know what it does but works. 5 second compiles down from 90.

Kill this.
WINDOWS DRIVER FOUNDATION User mode driver framework
Can anyone tell me what it does?

I am happy to program on an ATOM as its runs everything in 3d well and faster then most mobile phones I'm designing for. Why program on anything faster than the target machine speed??!!
Asus T100. Win 8.1 CPU Z3775. AppGameKit V2 2.0.16
HD Graphics (Bay Trail)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 10:53:51
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 10:53:51