Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / How to browse filesystem and choose a folder in AGK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2016 14:02 Edited at: 20th Feb 2016 14:03
Hi.

I would like to ask for some help again.
This time, I would like to make it possible to allow the player to browse their file system and choose a folder on their computer to be used to load files from it.
My problem is, seems like AppGameKit got no command for specifically choose a folder but choose a file.
I know I could use ChooseRawFile() to browse the file system and select a specific file to be loaded, but what I would like to do this time, instead of loading a single file only, I would like to load all the files from a selected folder in to an array.

Doesn't seems like AppGameKit got any commands for that, but just in case if I miss it I would like to ask if anything like this would be possible using AppGameKit Basic?

Thank you.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2016 15:55
There is no command for it.
You could use this information to build your own list and present it to the user as clickable text to get to the folder.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the info, it really useful
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 13:25 Edited at: 27th Feb 2016 13:28
I posted the solution somewhere in the forums, years ago! But not even google can find it... anyway I have something like a current version attached here, that I have extracted from a window management system, it works somehow as "stand-alone" but you need to add a load and a cancel button, and an editbox to enter the text, but it should work quite well once you added everything. If you search the forums, you may find the full copy-paste version of it =)
This can be a good code-based start for you , good luck

[/url]
Zigi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2016 14:26 Edited at: 27th Feb 2016 14:30
Jack wrote: "I have something like a current version attached here,.....This can be a good code-based start for you, good luck "

I can't see anything attached or linked in your post

Jack wrote: "I posted the solution somewhere in the forums, years ago!....If you search the forums, you may find the full copy-paste version."

I'll give it a try one day
Though, could you give any hints on the topic title if you remember anything? I was doing a quick search for directory and folder in AppGameKit Product Chat but I found only 2 topics on selecting directory, this topic and an other one but your solution wasn't there.
If I'm going to attempt a search on the full forum for all the boards with folder and directory mentioned in the title, it could take ages to find the one you mention

Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 16:48:36
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 16:48:36