Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Version 2.0.17

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
@Paul, here are a few issues I encountered when testing out iOS app publishing:

White flicker on launch (iOS IPA)

when exporting IPAs via the IDE (or through Xcode using the vanilla interpreter_ios template), there will usually appear a flicker of white between when the Default image is shown and when the app code begins the first time the app is launched. This is particularly noticeable when using dark splash screens (or solid black) and on slightly older devices such as iPad 3 but I've also seen it on later gen iPhones. There is no way for the end-user to resolve this short of modifying the interpreter.

Solution: This flicker is the result of the MainWindow.xib Windows and View background colors being both hard-set to WHITE in the Xcode project of interpreter_ios. Setting the background color of the Window and View back to 'Default' (No Background) resolved the issue for me.

Default Orientation Problems

When using the IDE export, we are only given the option to specify Portrait or Landscape for the initial Orientation. This causes problems on launch if the app supports all four orientations and is built using the device's native width/height. Consider this code snippet:

If I export the IPA with orientation field set to "Portrait" the app will always appear in Portrait mode on launch even if the user has their device in landscape orientation (i.e., the printed text will appear sideways to them and the device width/height will be reported as portrait dimensions). The same holds true if exporting with 'Landscape' set as the orientation but the device is held in portrait on launch. This does not happen when exporting via interpreter_ios with all four orientations checked in the General info.plist settings (i.e., when exporting via Xcode with these settings, whatever way the device is oriented on launch will inherit the width/height correctly). You should add a "Universal" orientation option so that the same behavior is possible via the IDE export.

IDE Export Fields Are Not Preserved

Currently, none of the data entered in the IDE export options (for Android or iOS publishing) is preserved between sessions or across multiple projects. This becomes a highly tedious process of re-entering all of this information per session, per app when needing to re-export. This data should be preserved within the AppGameKit project file data and repopulated based on the currently selected project in the IDE whenever the IDE is opened or the project is switched.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Mar 2016 22:52
Quote: "Setting the background color of the Window and View back to 'Default' (No Background) resolved the issue for me."

Thanks, I've added this to 2.0.18

Quote: "You should add a "Universal" orientation option so that the same behavior is possible via the IDE export."

As the release of 2.0.18 is very close I can't fit that in, but I'll make a note of it for a future version

Quote: "Currently, none of the data entered in the IDE export options (for Android or iOS publishing) is preserved between sessions or across multiple projects."

This is on my todo list

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 11:29:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 11:29:25