Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Gameguru and AGK

Author
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Can i use the media ( textures / objects / sound ) from gamegure in AppGameKit , i already got a copy of gameguru, and then release games using this media ?

Also if i purchase the GameGuru media packs can i use this in AppGameKit ?

I will convert the textures and objects myself so they work in AGK.

best regards Preben Eriksen,
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2016 20:18
Probably best to contact TGC directly in case they miss this forum post.
Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2016 20:01
I would like to know the answer to this question as well, as gameguru has some nice media!
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2016 08:33
Hi,

Yes, you can use the media in your other game making products to make a game or app (not a game maker or asset collection of course).

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2016 10:12
Quote: "Yes, you can use the media in your other game making products to make a game or app (not a game maker or asset collection of course). "

And this is the conclusive answer I've been waiting to see appear in the forum for years! Many thanks!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2016 12:52
Would be great to see GG media repackaged in an AppGameKit friendly format, with example code bundled in - I'd pay!
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2016 15:29 Edited at: 10th Mar 2016 15:29
Thanks Rick!
Cjb have you heard of ultimate unwrap 3d pro? It's like $70 but its a life saver in converting media! Its the best tool I've ever purchased aside from agk it even converts the textures from DDS to PNG.
Crazy Programmer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2016 00:16
Quote: "Would be great to see GG media repackaged in an AppGameKit friendly format, with example code bundled in - I'd pay!"

+1
Download My Games for Android. Made with AGK.
Jellyfish Dive- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_JellyFishSwim
Brick Destroyer - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_BrickDestroyer
Ping Bong - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CrazyProgrammerProductions.my_Pong_Ping_Bong
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Yes, you can use the media in your other game making products to make a game or app ..."

Thanks Rick

im way ahead , im already have functions to convert the static world to agk. specify the entitybank path in agk code and place your level in the media folder, and it will convert heightmap to a normal heightmap format , convert the ground "paint" feature to a normal splatmap , read the objects info and place them into your agk game , it has support for the current gamegure version , and the previous version so you can use old maps as well. ( i converted ALL gg media from dds to png ). Some objects dont work correctly and i converted them to .obj format. so currently i have been able to load and display 5 (at the moment) of the games that comes with gg ( and converted all i see that did not work so it work in agk ).

I might consider selling the code if anyone here would be interested ? , but then i have to clean it up some

best regards Preben Eriksen,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 12:58
You should consider a tool - GG->AGK2. I'm sure people would buy it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 20:36 Edited at: 12th Mar 2016 20:36
You should definitely consider selling giving the code out! there was an old tool, FPSC to AppGameKit which was available for a while so there is definitely a market for it.

I have GameGuru, so may even consider it!
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2016 21:56
Sell your code to TGC so they can run with it as a fully supported product?
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:58:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:58:41