Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Publishing on Google PLay and Apple App Store

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

So I'm working hard on my puzzle game Cyadonia, which is over half-way completed. I'm very pleased with it and I'm excited to get it on Google Play for Android devices. Should it be a fairly trouble-free process to do this? Is Google Play happy to host apps written in AppGameKit? If it goes well I'd like to make it available for Apple, but I've heard the process can be a little more complicated and they are a bit more fussy. Does anyone have any general advice to someone publishing apps for the first time?

The first game I'm publishing will be free, but I'd like to make sequels and sell them for a small fee. Do I need to register myself as a company to do this?

Any advice or tips would be greatfully recieved!

Thanks.
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, with AppGameKit V2 it has become much easier to export your apps for publishing on Google Play, Amazon and iOS.

To publish on Google Play you will have to register and pay a one-time $25 fee. You do not need to register as a company and many people sell as individuals. Follow this simple guide to get started. Then on the Google Play Dashboard you can define new apps and fill in the meta-data. Through AppGameKit IDE when you are ready to publish, you can just select File > Export Project > As Android APK. There you fill in the needed information, icon etc. You will also need a Key File for publishing, which can be generated via Android Studio > Tools.

For iOS, you have to pay an annual fee of $100 plus tax. You also have to have a machine with OS X and have the mac version of AppGameKit installed. You can enroll in the Apple developer program at this link. Once enrolled, you have to go to the member center to define application identifiers and generate provisioning profiles etc. Then you create an entry for the app via iTunes Connect similar to the Google Play app creation process. Then in AppGameKit on Mac you select File > Export Project > As iOS IPA and fill in the needed details. iOS is definitely more complicated when you are just getting started than Google, and it will take a week or more for Apple to approve your submission whereas Android and Amazon are always within 1 day.
niansenx
Years of Service
User Offline
Brilliant. Thanks for your help xCept.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 17:00:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 17:00:38