Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [bug] 2.0.18 Culling system.

Author
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
its like it try to move the objects (z) out of the camera range , but dont always success. see screenshot.
SetObjectScreenCulling fix it but..

best regards Preben Eriksen,

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2016 15:15
Can you send me the project so I can try to replicate it, or can you recreate the problem in a small example?
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
There is no code just camera movement , but i figured out that its related to the object itself , not all objects do this.

This object in the gameguru standart media will do it: city_wall.x

So there must be something special in that object ?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2016 14:23
I couldn't find city_wall.x but I tried city_wall_straight.x and city_wall_entrance.x by themselves and couldn't replicate any problems. Are you scaling/position them?
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2016 14:33
Maybe an issue with that particular object, like calculating object bounds might be screwed up somewhere, rogue normals or vertex data perhaps. I only mention this because when I get issues like this, it tends to be because I've vertex modified the model in some weird way. Not sure if there's a command in AppGameKit to recalculate object bounds or set them.
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I sent a e-mail with the object.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2016 11:03
Hi Preben,

It's interesting to see you re-create a GameGuru level inside AppGameKit. Are you able to set the LOD levels of the objects too?

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
Preben
AGK Studio Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Rick,

Its not re-created it will load any gg level that are using the standart media ( not dbo ) and real-time generate everything needed to display it using AGK. The purpose is to use GG as a world editor.

Yes if the lod2distance - lod1distance is set in the fpe file it will use it.
Currently AppGameKit will display the lowest lod level by default so i have something like this if lod levels are there to change to the best quality:

Lod objects is created , but i dont currently change by distance, because when i profile a hole level it only cut down around 6% polygons from lod0 to lod2 , so it might be slower to change lod objects. In the default media there is not so many objects with lod, perhaps there is better lod in the new media packs ?

But yes in its current state it has lod,animations ( moving trees,charaters),collision ( you can run around, going up stairs ... ), all used media in a level is collected so you can copy it to your media folder and run it on a mobile device, well i seen a level running on my ipad but it was so slow

Currently im working on speeding things up, terrain first so im working on a basemap generator, so it can be used on mobiles.
sdl
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2016 19:20
Can we see a Demonstration?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2016 15:47
I managed to replicate the problem and it is fixed for the next version. It was caused by the object having more than one mesh, with one mesh being outside the screen whilst the other is on the screen.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2016 14:16
So, GameGuru to AGK2 converter. get on this!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:33:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:33:44