Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Are there any repositories for, or collections of, 3rd party/user-made function libraries for AGK?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to AppGameKit and have done some searching on this but haven't come up with much. I don't want to re-invent or write from scratch functions that others may have already written and perfected.

In particular, right now I'm wondering if there are any improved file access functions. From what I can tell, the built-in file functions provide sequential access only and have no record structure. Am I right on this or am I missing something?
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2016 20:58
At the top of this board, there is the useful community functions thread, with all sorts of goodies.
I have some tutorials that include drop-in modules. There is a parameter file tutorial which might help with your file access. But you are right, file access is only sequential. There are more tutorials if you look back through the old newsletters.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
GlitchBoy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, thanks for the response. Yes I perused that thread and while it looks like there are many useful code snippets (some of which I'll probably end up using) I was more referring to libraries of functions that add to or extend the base language -- kind of like your parameters functions, which I think will be very useful.

So I guess there is no central repository?

Are there any other "must have" function libraries that experienced AppGameKit coders use?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:49:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:49:57