Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Is AGK V2 stable enough to create simple games?

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I've created 1 game with the original AppGameKit and it was so buggy to a point, where I had to remove a lot of the features and basically created a game that wasn't my original intention.

- I'm not sure how about you guys, but I remembered when users click an AD, there' s chance the gamewill freeze up.
- Long music loop did not work and I had to shorten each music length to less than 30 seconds each.
- There are more bugs, but can't remembered off the top of my head.

I've took a long break from creating game and focus on creating applications instead

Now, I noticed AGK2 is out and offers 3D commands and more.

Have any of you published a game with AppGameKit V2 on play store or app store? If so, how was your experience?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
There are many games and apps published with AppGameKit V1 and V2 across all of the major markets. That is not to say it is without any bugs and quirks (with some features still not entirely implemented). However, I and others have successfully published plenty of apps fine. V2 makes it MUCH easier to deploy to Android and iOS as you no longer need to manually work in Xcode or Eclipse/Android Studio and can export straight from the IDE. Browse the AppGameKit Showcase section to see many releases, a couple notable ones are:

Driving Test Success Theory was written in AppGameKit Tier 1 and has millions of downloads, very popular app.

Echoes+ was written in AppGameKit V2 and was well-received on Steam.
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
I would say definitely yes. I've not finished my game but it's pretty feature rich and I've only come across one bug that has been fixed. V2.18 strikes me as a very stable piece of software in the grand scheme of software!
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
2D Analyst
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
@xCerpt - Wow, driving Test Success Theory has a lot downloads, but it's more like an application than a game. Echoes+ looks amazing...kinda like geometry wars.

@DavidAGK - the game looks pretty cool. Are you using 3D models with a 2D angle view?
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2016 22:28
Quote: "Is AppGameKit V2 stable enough to create simple games?"

No, not just simple games, but it is stable enough for complex games too. Take a look through the showcase thread to see some of the amazing projects currently in development such as Dragonia: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/215955 and of course the amazing Fruit Smoothie: [href=https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216418 ]https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216418 [/href]

AGK has come a LONG way over the last couple of years. In fact, Wilf recently posted about just how stable AppGameKit is (here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216401)
V2 T1 (Mostly)
Phone Tap!
Uzmadesign
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
3D objects rendered and then used as 2d sprites.
Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
Shock
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2016 15:16
AGK is certainly stable enough for Android development, I've got a couple of apps in the play store.

3D has been a bit "iffy" up until recently (and still lacks a few features that made DBP so awesome). I've made a couple of 3D Windows Apps (that I haven't released), and they work fine, but I encountered multiple problems during development, having to implement workarounds.

For 2D development it's absolutely fine My current apps are ad supported (admob) and it works really well, using both banners and full-screen ads. I've heard of issues in the past with the other ad providers, but I think these have mostly been fixed. Admob works fine in AppGameKit with no issues.

As for the publishing of an app, it's now easy, simply choose "Export APK" and you're done.

Also, as CJB suggested, there's loads of stuff in the showcase that you could try out to get an idea of what can be done in AppGameKit, and on the AppGameKit Showcase forum: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/board/48
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2016 17:04
Stable: Yes.
Complete: No.
Ready to publish games: Very much yes!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:31:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:31:27